The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Neuro event?

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by Wonko, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member

England
    3 times tonight been hit with the same thing

sitting on sofa watching tv/using pc and suddenly I completely lose my balance and then I'm fighting to remain concious for several minutes - no pain - not even a lot of confusion, some disorientation but I've had worse, visual disturbance but again I've had a lot worse - just down to single narrow thread of conciousness and thats occupied with trying to remain so

sure if it happened while I was standing there's no way I could remain so - and no time/warning before it hits - which is of more than slight concern

otherwise I'm not in bad shape - resting up atm as I have to go out on thursday - so afaik it's not because I've been overdoing it

any idea's?

2. anciendaze

anciendaze Senior Member

This sounds a lot like a TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) or, perhaps, vertigo, but somebody ought to check you out. If this incapacitated you in a hazardous situation, the result could be grim.

3. serenity

serenity Senior Member

Austin
    get checked out Wonko. it's likely just part of the GFS extravaganza. but it could be somethin worse, better safe than sorry.

4. Wonko

Wonko Senior Member

England
    thanks - never occured to me it could be something like that - was more after if anyone has figured out a way of dealing with as I assumed it was just one more stop in the ME house of fun

will take some asprin tonight just in case and speak to doctor tomorrow - if it happens again tonight will ring NHS direct

thanks

edit - definately not vertigo - no sense of movement and that seems to be key to vertigo

See more popular forum discussions.