1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nestle Aiming to Develop a Nespresso of Nutrients

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by melihtas, Jun 24, 2014.

1. melihtas

melihtas

Istanbul Turkey
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...nts.html?_ga=1.134810162.210344514.1402054238

2. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    I've just watched all three series of the original Star Trek on DVD and was struck by how the food served was always weird-looking cubes of stuff in primary colours. Not sure Nestle should be aiming to emulate that. :cool:

Live long and prosper...

3. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Perhaps Nestle are aiming to brighten up their image after decades of aggressive marketing of infant formula in Africa which has led to hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths of infants through malnutrition and diarrhoea.

a situation which Nestlé has done nothing to alter, but has in fact added to the problem of low nutrient intake of babies across the 'developing world' all in order to sell a product and make money.

http://www.babymilkaction.org/nestlefree#overview

Perhaps if we all just ate real food, rather then the pre packaged crap marketed by Nestle (see their 'childrens' sugar loaded cereals)

http://www.nestle.co.uk/brands/breakfastcereals

Then we wouldn't need to 'make up the difference'

I have nothing but contempt for Nestle and have been boycotting their products for years.

Sasha and Ritto like this.
  4. peggy-sue

peggy-sue

Scotland
    I'm delighted to hear of your boycott, Justy! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    I've been boycotting Nastle since the early '90s when I found out about the "baby milk" they were flogging in India, where baby milk formulae mean mothers can go out to work, caused developmental brain damage. This was known, it was banned in Europe, but they continued to sell it in India.
    I reckon I used to spend about £800 a year on their products, so I hope I have had a small effect.

The problem now is discovering how many products are theirs - they tend to disguise that they have taken over things.
    Sarson's vinegar, Felix cat-food, Rowantrees (I miss fruit gums)...

I do not buy ANY Nestle products, ever. I sincerely hope anybody who has just learned of their disgusting practices will join the boycott.

Sasha and justy like this.

See more popular forum discussions.