• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEJM article and audio on Lyme

MeSci

ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6?
Apologies if someone has already posted this.

The link to the article is here.

Hopefully you can listen to the audio from the link on the right-hand side of the page. I tried to upload or paste the mp3 here but it didn't seem possible.

MeSci

You can only access this if you pay.

I have it. Just can't figure out how to upload the audio. It's an mp3 file but I could convert it into any other audio format if that would help. Can't you see the article either? I could copy and paste that easily enough.

MeSci

I have it. Just can't figure out how to upload the audio. It's an mp3 file but I could convert it into any other audio format if that would help. Can't you see the article either? I could copy and paste that easily enough.

Here is the article (hopefully). I have a free NEJM sub which I think anyone can have, and got it through that.

Attachments

• NEJM on Lyme 2014.pdf
    525.1 KB · Views: 12

MeSci

Is it interesting, what does t say?

Sorry - not allowed to post full text here. Mods are looking into possibilities. Meanwhile there is what looks like a good Lyme review here. (It may have already been posted elsewhere.)

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@MeSci
thanks for the link.

I have to say I'm a bit Lymed out at present!!
My symptoms have got worse recently after having an amalgam filling out in Dec - only just found out about the Lyme having an affinity for mercury, its all starting to make sense now, including why I'm much worse than I was 4yrs ago despite having had 6 amalgams removed............pah

Ema

Sorry - not allowed to post full text here. Mods are looking into possibilities. Meanwhile there is what looks like a good Lyme review here. (It may have already been posted elsewhere.)
I have requested a clean copy without any names.

My library has decided to make some improvements which means that it is completely unusable at the moment though. It should be fixed up this week and then I will take care of it.