• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Needed Logo for Phoenix Rising Forums

fds66

MNC I like the tweaked versions - i too prefer the one with gold writing.

To me the symbol looks like a person on a long journey with a staff to lean on

Dreambirdie

work in progress
The new logo--red and green in the box makes more sense, but I'm not sure about those X-mas colors.
I like the gold, white and red better. I'd have to see the final version in comparison.

MEKoan

I've never been able to understand the logo, personally, but I think I lost some of my ability to "read" images so don't go by me.

I like MNC's Phoenix more than I thought I could like a stylized phoenix as they start to look a bit Nazified after a point but this one doesn't. Like Dreambirdie, I'm not sold on the colours but the graphic is really strong. I like it!

Victoria

Ditto, to Dreambirdie's post.

The tweaking does wonders & I like the middle one also (with the gold lettering). in fact, now, I don't mind the word "Rising" in white & a different colour for the word "Phoenix".

Well done, MNC.

MNC

Oh that's true. In America and the UK those colours are Christmas colours. Not here so much but indeed looks like a x-mas special logo lol. Anyway I still like it very much but indeed would change the colours although it would lose the symbolism.

MEKoan

MNC,

If you put gold where the green is presently it takes on a whole new meaning: being purified by fire!

It's good!

MNC

I'd really like to see it!

That would be like the Spanish flag :Retro smile: . Let's see how it looks in a while.

Ready. Hmmm... not really...

Anyway, it's just a layout and taste is so personal. Maybe I'll try more colors tomorrow.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
We can change it to ME/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) Forums.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is there because a) some new people might not know ME/CFS and for search engine purposes. The top of the page is the most important for search engines - and the words really do make a surprising difference.

Tammie

whichever logo we go with, I do think that there should be some blue on it, just because blue is the ME/CFS color.....I like both the tweaked versions of the abstract, but the one with ME/CFS etc in yellow shows up a little better

the latest logo is kind of neat, too, but so far I am not liking the color combos

also, as to the abstract logo, I see a person trying to get up....I also see the letters C, F, and S .....C is obvious, F is kind of coming out of the c, using the curve of the c for the line that would be vertical in a normal letter f, curving up to the top horizontal line on an f, and the sideways line for the middle line on an f.....and the s is the inner curved line....not sure what the remaining line would be, though

MNC

We can change it to ME/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) Forums.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is there because a) some new people might not know ME/CFS and for search engine purposes. The top of the page is the most important for search engines - and the words really do make a surprising difference.

What the search engines use to find and index your page is the so called "meta words" that you insert in the HTML code of the page. It is not visible. The title is irrelevant. Most of them are banners made of images, which is no text for that matter, it is just pixels, graphics. You must insert key words in the "meta" tag of the HTML for the search engines to find it. As many key words as possible, even when sounding repetitive but always different combinations, such as CFS, ME, M.E., SFC (in spanish), E.M. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic-Fatigue-Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue, Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Yuppie Flu, XMRV, Xenotropic Leukemia Related Virus, etc, etc, etc.

You need to get to your HMTL code page and edit it there.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Got it about the text in the graphic. My understanding is that meta words have been degraded as important search engine factors; instead the title of the page, the keywords in the upper half of the page, the words on the headers, the links and stuff like have risen in importance.

MEKoan

The graphic is super strong, though! Not sure about the colours either. I'd love to see a more true gold rather than yellow and, perhaps, a darker red. But, I have total confidence that it will be taken in the best direction possible!

MNC

Got it about the text in the graphic. My understanding is that meta words have been degraded as important search engine factors; instead the title of the page, the keywords in the upper half of the page, the words on the headers, the links and stuff like have risen in importance.

I may be outdated, I am not 100% sure, but reading a bit around I don't see any changes. Maybe you are mistaking (or me) the graphic "title" of the site with the HTML <title>xxx</title> tag, which is what I believe that Google will search along with the "meta" key words and the description of the page.

Apart from that, in HTML you can only display very basic unsharpened fonts which yield that poor result. Everyone uses graphics, mostly GIF if possible for logos, not PNG or transparencies, which are heavier and slower.

This is a good source to learn from Google own advice pages for webmasters. http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?answer=35769#1