• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Needed Logo for Phoenix Rising Forums

I didn't really like th logo when it was presented here, but it looks good in context. Nice work people.

Maybe it would look better having Pheonix and Rising in the same font? Different colours, fonts and lines makes them seem quite seperate from each other.

cfs since 1998

I didn't really like th logo when it was presented here, but it looks good in context. Nice work people.

Maybe it would look better having Pheonix and Rising in the same font? Different colours, fonts and lines makes them seem quite seperate from each other.

I agree and the text needs antialiased. It's all jaggedy. It also should be "ME/CFS" not "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)". Other than that it looks good.

Victoria

I believe the word "Rising" should be in the same style/colour/size as "Phoenix".

(By the way, VBulletin still appears if one changes the colour from the Base Style - has anyone else noticed?).

PS Sorry to say, Cort, I find the dark blue in the header background too heavy & dark. How about lightening it up? I tried to change it from base style & lost the new CFS Logo.

IntuneJune

Banner

I am so grateful for this site: for the information that is shared, the learning acquired, the acquaintances I have made, I chose not to comment on the banner, I am just happy to be here. :Retro smile:

It is wonderful so many folks have participated in this project, a lot of work has gone into this project, a lot of energy spent and we all know how valuable OUR energy is.

The decision was made to go with the abstract phoenix, for a banner, that is a good choice.

However: Abstract art is subject to the interpretation of the viewer. So, I have to admit, and I am going out on a limb here and "exposing" myself, I am having difficulty with "seeing" or "feeling" this. My best interpretation is the phoenix is sitting on a tree branch. If that is so he is "Sitting" not getting ready for flight.

Humm! So, I elicited the help of my husband, I asked him to tell me what he sees. He also could see the "Phoenix Rising" words at this time so he knew which website I was on. He is familiar with this site from my sharing some of the information. His answer, "I see a C and and A."

OK, maybe hubby and I should stay out of modern art museums. While I know it IS up to the viewer to do the interpreting.... obviously hubby and I would not get a lot from our viewing experience.

I am not suggesting a change here on my part. I am just interested if I am "seeing" what others do? I know, abstract is just that.... but...... :eek:

Victoria, the dark blue on my two computer monitors is no darker than blue-jeans blue, (well, the original blue-jean blue). Curious is that what you are seeing?

"Rising" I agree with all should be the same color and font as "phoenix."

June

I liked the pink, purple, and turquoise logo, but maybe it wasn't a very popular one. As usual, I am the slow one who comments after it's too late to comment. Oh, well, at least I comment and then keep on trucking.

vdt

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Thanks for all the input. We'll experiment with the colors on Phoenix Rising. Abstract is abstract that's for sure. I see a figure struggling to rise. The legs are at the bottom and that long vertical bar on the right are the arms. So he's kind of throwing up his arms struggling to rise to his feet. (I don't know what the slash between the legs is).

the background colors are actually the same as the forum; its a transparent background except for the shading on the upper left; I think the colors are bringing the darkness of the blue out. I agree it does seen darker!

I need to import it to the other styles- I'll do that as soon as we get the final product up there.

We can sharpen it up a bit.

Vdt33 I felt the same way - that was my favorite logo. We went with this one because we have a lot of styles that people use to change the look of the Forums. Because of that we went with a transparent background with just the shading on the left.

Its a PNG - is that a vector, Andrew? If so give me your e-mail address and I'll send it to you.

IntuneJune

Thank you for the explanation Cort

Thank you Cort for your explanation. I am wondering how others "see" this, now I am more curious for some reason.

Phoenix rising "out of the ashes." Did you consider flames under the phoenix? It sure feels we have walked through the fires of h.......... :eek:

Well, another opportunity to thank you Cort and everyone who has put so much time into this forum.

Much appreciated, June

citybug

kdp, I really like the idea of people making up the phoenix. Neat. :)

Thank you. I think the eagle shape comes out too military. The egg shapes on the other one were meant to be flames. I was thinking about rising when I did them. I took it as an assignment, thinking of the old type logos. But now I see for electronic media something not contained makes more sense.

I like the abstract lines, now that they are out of the box. They remind me of the hermit card in tarot. On a quest with a staff. I thought it was for Cort's walking story.

Now I checked my Gray book .. the hermit is holding up a lantern to guide those below...the Lamp of Truth,...ready to go to the help of every man who cries for Light. ... card 9, the number of pure intellect.......a meeting with one who will guide the seeker...a journey may be necessary to gain knowledge.

Victoria

the background colors are actually the same as the forum; its a transparent background except for the shading on the upper left; I think the colors are bringing the darkness of the blue out. I agree it does seen darker!

Yes, I defininitely find the background dark, which is why I was playing around with other colour backgrounds from the options in the bottom left hand corner tab.

Reminds me of a brewing storm threatening the sky. But that's just me, I guess.

I just think a lighter colour is more welcoming & uplifting.

Misfit Toy

I love that second phoenix image because it scared me...and it's funny! Like we are bad a$$ or something. I really like the 2nd image Cort with the yellow and blue. M.E definitely needs to be on there though.

MNC

Here goes a little restyling of the current logo and title fonts in case you find it useful.

This is how it looks currently:

Restyled:

And here you can see how they look once in the forum site. Just click on the thumbnails first and then over the image to see them full size:

Current:

Restyled:

-

MEKoan

MNC,

I really like the way you have tweaked these. I think they look much more cohesive! Nicely done!

Dreambirdie

work in progress
MNC--Me three. I like the background shadows behind the letters (can't remember what they call that?).
It makes them POP out at you.

My favorite is the middle one of the bunch--with the gold (not the grey-blue) text.

MNC

There goes another layout. It symbolizes the Phoenix bird in green (freedom/health) rising from the flames (red). The walls are also red and constricted (as in CFS lives) and the background is white for peace, purity, hope.

I personally like modern and clean-line designs with simplicity and logos that are easy to remember and handle.