1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Need some urgent advice for CMV inflection

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by Gary1001, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Gary1001

Gary1001

Australia
    Hi all,

Unfortunately I have CFS and unfortunately my girl friend has just contracted CMV (to which I have been tested and currently do not have). I have a low NK cell activity count and currently take 250mg of Famvir (twice daily) to control and existing EBV inflection.

Would upping my dose of Famvir protect against infection (if I do not already have it) and for how long is it contagious?

Gary

2. merylg

merylg Senior Member

Sydney, NSW, Australia
    Hi Gary,

http://ideas.health.vic.gov.au/bluebook/cytomegalovirus-infection.asp

Seems like it is pretty hard to avoid as it's excreted for months to years after infection!!! I'm interested in how they diagnosed it. Was it by clinical symptoms? and/or blood tests? other tests?
    I've recently had some throat infection where my salivary glands were tender & my liver mildly inflamed. Very weird.

3. Gary1001

Gary1001

Australia
    It showed up on a lab test - however I have not been able to see the results. I'm going to speak to my doctor to review the lab results and double check its a recent infection and not just a dormant infection which my have reactivated symptoms due to being run down.

See more popular forum discussions.