• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

need some help getting started please

i just got my 23andme tests back. i have my snps. i am just a bit lost on getting started. some background info...my family of 5 have been on gaps for about 10 months now. we have made some great progress, but we still need more. one son has chemical sensitivities, severe food allergies. my second son has autism, sensory issues, anxiety. they are the two 'worse off'. i have brain fog, fatigue (i wake up tired), hard time falling asleep among other things. i just need a start to get me started so then maybe i can think a bit more straight so i can help my kids more. i found the simplified methyl pathway from yasko, but then reading some on here i saw a post about cbs may be no biggie? we are very tight on money right now, so extra testing is not something we can do now, but if it is from a mainstream dr, insurance will cover it and i can do that. also, if it is something like test strips, it would be worth it since all 5 of us could use them. here is a list of my methylation snps...anyone care to help me get a start?
Hetero-
Ace del 16
acat1-02
agt m235t/c4072t
bhmt-02
bhmt-04
bhmt-08
cbs a13637g
cbs c699t
comt
comt h62h
comt v158m
gad1
mthfd1c105t
mthfd1l
mthfr03p39p
mthfr a1572g
mthfr
mthfs
mtrra66g
mtrrk350amtrr
nos1
pemt
shmt1
shmt2
tyms
vdr bsm

homos-
fut2
mao r297r
mthfr a1298c
mthfr
tcn1
tcn2 c766g

mayrooni - Some methylfolate might be needed for the MTHFR versions, though you don't have any particularly bad ones. MTRR A66G likely results in some need for B12. Due to COMT, VDR, and MAOA, you might do better with hydroxoB12 versus methylB12, especially if you want to try higher doses.

Crux

Hi mayrooni;

The TCN1, and TCN2 strongly suggest a need for extra B12, because they indicate B12 transport problems.