1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

need some help getting started please

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by mayrooni, Sep 5, 2013.

1. mayrooni

mayrooni

i just got my 23andme tests back. i have my snps. i am just a bit lost on getting started. some background info...my family of 5 have been on gaps for about 10 months now. we have made some great progress, but we still need more. one son has chemical sensitivities, severe food allergies. my second son has autism, sensory issues, anxiety. they are the two 'worse off'. i have brain fog, fatigue (i wake up tired), hard time falling asleep among other things. i just need a start to get me started so then maybe i can think a bit more straight so i can help my kids more. i found the simplified methyl pathway from yasko, but then reading some on here i saw a post about cbs may be no biggie? we are very tight on money right now, so extra testing is not something we can do now, but if it is from a mainstream dr, insurance will cover it and i can do that. also, if it is something like test strips, it would be worth it since all 5 of us could use them. here is a list of my methylation snps...anyone care to help me get a start?
    Hetero-
    Ace del 16
    acat1-02
    agt m235t/c4072t
    bhmt-02
    bhmt-04
    bhmt-08
    cbs a13637g
    cbs c699t
    comt
    comt h62h
    comt v158m
    gad1
    mthfd1c105t
    mthfd1l
    mthfr03p39p
    mthfr a1572g
    mthfr
    mthfs
    mtrra66g
    mtrrk350amtrr
    nos1
    pemt
    shmt1
    shmt2
    tyms
    vdr bsm

homos-
    fut2
    mao r297r
    mthfr a1298c
    mthfr
    tcn1
    tcn2 c766g

2. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    I dont know about the other stuff but Homozygous for MTHFR a1298C is an issue you need to treat and does cause issues. I suggest to go to the MTHFR website and learn about this http://mthfr.net/

3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
  4. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    mayrooni - Some methylfolate might be needed for the MTHFR versions, though you don't have any particularly bad ones. MTRR A66G likely results in some need for B12. Due to COMT, VDR, and MAOA, you might do better with hydroxoB12 versus methylB12, especially if you want to try higher doses.

5. Crux

Crux Senior Member

USA
    Hi mayrooni;

The TCN1, and TCN2 strongly suggest a need for extra B12, because they indicate B12 transport problems.

See more popular forum discussions.