• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need opinions on four supplements (PQQ, ALA, B-5 and L-Carnitine)

Gingergrrl

I recently started PQQ after this thread brought it to my attention @Gingergrrl (thanks!) - nothing at first, but after about seven or eight days there was a sudden jump in my cognitive function - memory much better, information processing improved, comprehension and recall all quite noticeably better. For the last few days it just seems to be getting better each day.

@Indigophoton I am still totally undecided if I am going to try this supplement in the future but glad I could indirectly help!

Gingergrrl

I recently got sucked into the new Bulletproof PQQ supplement. It's a liquid and supposedly better absorbed but I haven't tried it yet.

@Ema I was wondering if you have had a chance to try the Bulletproof PQQ yet and if so, what have you noticed from it? My main fear is if it causes any kind of tachycardia, insomnia, or agitation. I just bought a bunch of other supplements today and am seriously considering this one and since it is a liquid form, I could try an exceedingly tiny micro amount to start.

Ema

@Ema I was wondering if you have had a chance to try the Bulletproof PQQ yet and if so, what have you noticed from it? My main fear is if it causes any kind of tachycardia, insomnia, or agitation. I just bought a bunch of other supplements today and am seriously considering this one and since it is a liquid form, I could try an exceedingly tiny micro amount to start.
I haven't yet.

The vials are individually sealed. If you want me to mail you one to try, I'm happy to share.

Gingergrrl

@Tired of being sick Thank you and that is very kind of you but not sure if it is true! Although I do tend to ask a ton of questions about different supplements... or maybe just a lot of questions in general :D. Are you thinking about trying PQQ or one of the other ones I asked about?