• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need links to Valcyte research for infections.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Can someone point me to some studies or info from Montoya, Lerner or anyone else who is successfully using Valcyte to treat infections?

I saw and ID doc just want to show him what is going on outside what he learned. Yes I know it won't matter but I'd like to show him I'm not talking out of my butt. Lol.

Thanks

Last edited:

halcyon

Use of valganciclovir in patients with elevated antibody titers against Human Herpesvirus-6 (HHV-6) and Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV) who were experiencing central nervous system dysfunction including long-standing fatigue.
Kogelnik AM1, Loomis K, Hoegh-Petersen M, Rosso F, Hischier C, Montoya JG.

Response to valganciclovir in chronic fatigue syndrome patients with human herpesvirus 6 and Epstein-Barr virus IgG antibody titers.
Watt T1, Oberfoell S, Balise R, Lunn MR, Kar AK, Merrihew L, Bhangoo MS, Montoya JG.

Randomized clinical trial to evaluate the efficacy and safety of valganciclovir in a subset of patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.
Montoya JG1, Kogelnik AM, Bhangoo M, Lunn MR, Flamand L, Merrihew LE, Watt T, Kubo JT, Paik J, Desai M.

A small, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of the use of antiviral therapy for patients with chronic fatigue syndrome.
Lerner AM, Zervos M, Chang CH, Beqaj S, Goldstein J, O'Neill W, Dworkin H, Fitgerald T, Deeter RG.

A six-month trial of valacyclovir in the Epstein-Barr virus subset of chronic fatigue syndrome: improvement in left ventricular function.
Lerner AM1, Beqaj SH, Deeter RG, Dworkin HJ, Zervos M, Chang CH, Fitzgerald JT, Goldstein J, O'Neill W.

Valacyclovir treatment in Epstein-Barr virus subset chronic fatigue syndrome: thirty-six months follow-up.
Lerner AM1, Beqaj SH, Deeter RG, Fitzgerald JT.

Not sure if these are all using Valcyte or if they were all considered successful.