• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need help with 23andme results

Hey everyone, I am really excited to be here. I have significant problems with fatigue which are even more noticeable after exercise. People often seem to recommend working out to have more energy but I feel like I immediately need a nap even from less than rigorous exercise. I have both cognitive and physical fatigue as well as low mood. I have been reading the past few weeks on this website to help me better understand what is going on as well as on Heartfixer and the howirecovered. I think I have a bit of an understanding as well from reading some of the information posted to other 23andme threads but any suggestions and comments are always welcome. I have attached my results below but here is a summary:

Methylation
Homozygous:

ACAT1-02

Heterozygous:
VDR Bsm
VDR Taq
MTHFR C677T
MTR A2756G
MTRR A66G
MTRR H595Y
MTRR K350A
MTRR A664A
BHMT-08

Obviously, I have serious issues with the methylation cycle with 5/6 MTRR being heterozygous and MTR and an MTHFR heterozygous. My COMT and MAO-A are normal which leads me to believe that I will have problems with under methylation. Looking at various protocols, I determined to try the protocol for methylation by Freddd.

1) Mb12 (Enzymatic Therapy) "Start Here"
2) Methylfolate (Solgar)
3) AdB12 (Country Life Active)
4) L-carnitine Fumerate
5) Potassium (As needed, Have some already on hand)

There are many other threads that discuss it in more detail but the general idea would be to follow the advice of the protocol and go in order adding the various substances as Freddd recommends.

Since I have both heterozygous VDR, I planned on beginning Vitamin D supplementation at around 2000 IU. In the past, I have felt some benefit from these supplements which I noticed mainly after stopping them and they definitely seem to take time to start working.

Also, what are the recommendations for ACAT? Bile salts? Any suggestions for brands and quantity.

DETOX
Homozygous:

CYP1B1 L432V

Heterozygous:
CYP1A2 164A>C
CYP1B1 R48G
CYP2D6 All of them
GSTP1 I105V
SOD2 A16V
NAT2 I114T
NAT2 R197Q
NAT2 K268R

I am a little confused about these but SOD2 seems to possibly cause mitochondrial problems so I need support for that. Also the CYP1B1 problems, I believe that I should eat more cruciferous vegetables to help with possible estrogen issues. I also understand that the NATs detox smoke so I should stay away from that which is no problem since I do not smoke.

I also wanted to say that I have been working on my diet. I use Cronometer to track both calories and essential nutrients that I am getting. I aim for mainly Primal foods (Paleo plus milk products occasionally). I generally hit the recommended values for basically everything. Should I supplement other sources as well like Vitamin C or A? I know Zinc is very important so maybe that? Any thoughts?

Those are my general ideas on my various problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as well as any additional interpretations that I might have missed or other suggestions.

Thank you,
LR_pvg

Attachments

• Methylation.PNG
    Methylation.PNG
    23.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Detox1.PNG
    Detox1.PNG
    24.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Detox2.PNG
    Detox2.PNG
    8.9 KB · Views: 10
For CYP1B1 I suggest DIM-plus, which seems to be much more effective than raw vegetables, extracts, or I3C