1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Need Help - Central Ontario Doctor Suggestions.

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by diving_belle, Jun 12, 2013.

1. diving_belle

diving_belle

Cambridge, Ontario
    I have a sweet nurse practitioner who is over hear head and seemingly dragging her heels.
    I need some help finding a doctor who will take on a new patient, that knows about ME/CFS (whatever you choose to call it, I'm too new to know the difference), and isn't too far from Cambridge, ON.
    I'm 1 hour west of Toronto if you're not sure where Cambridge is.

Thanks muchly everyone!

Ms CJ Janzen
  2. Kina

Kina Moderation Team Lead

Ontario, Canada
    Hi CJ

Have you tried looking at the Ontario College of Surgeons and Physicians website to see if there are actually doctors in your area taking on new patients. If there are you could go and interview them to find out if they have any expertise and how they generally treat patients with ME/CFS.

If you have a ME/CFS support group near you, it would be worth giving them a call because really it's the patients who have a good sense of who the good doctors are.

If you find that any doctor in Ontario is dismissing ME/CFS as psychological, don't forget to point out to them that OHIP codes it under a neurological illness. :)

Good Luck with your search.

Kina.
    helen1 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.