• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Need Help - Central Ontario Doctor Suggestions.

I have a sweet nurse practitioner who is over hear head and seemingly dragging her heels.
I need some help finding a doctor who will take on a new patient, that knows about ME/CFS (whatever you choose to call it, I'm too new to know the difference), and isn't too far from Cambridge, ON.
I'm 1 hour west of Toronto if you're not sure where Cambridge is.

Thanks muchly everyone!

Ms CJ Janzen

Undisclosed

Hi CJ

Have you tried looking at the Ontario College of Surgeons and Physicians website to see if there are actually doctors in your area taking on new patients. If there are you could go and interview them to find out if they have any expertise and how they generally treat patients with ME/CFS.

If you have a ME/CFS support group near you, it would be worth giving them a call because really it's the patients who have a good sense of who the good doctors are.

If you find that any doctor in Ontario is dismissing ME/CFS as psychological, don't forget to point out to them that OHIP codes it under a neurological illness. :)

Good Luck with your search.

Kina.