A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Need Help - Central Ontario Doctor Suggestions.

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by diving_belle, Jun 12, 2013.

  1. diving_belle


    Cambridge, Ontario
    I have a sweet nurse practitioner who is over hear head and seemingly dragging her heels.
    I need some help finding a doctor who will take on a new patient, that knows about ME/CFS (whatever you choose to call it, I'm too new to know the difference), and isn't too far from Cambridge, ON.
    I'm 1 hour west of Toronto if you're not sure where Cambridge is.

    Thanks muchly everyone!

    Ms CJ Janzen
  2. Kina


    Sofa, UK
    Hi CJ

    Have you tried looking at the Ontario College of Surgeons and Physicians website to see if there are actually doctors in your area taking on new patients. If there are you could go and interview them to find out if they have any expertise and how they generally treat patients with ME/CFS.

    If you have a ME/CFS support group near you, it would be worth giving them a call because really it's the patients who have a good sense of who the good doctors are.

    If you find that any doctor in Ontario is dismissing ME/CFS as psychological, don't forget to point out to them that OHIP codes it under a neurological illness. :)

    Good Luck with your search.

    helen1 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.

Share This Page