Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Need a reliable probiotic vendor on Amazon

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by Bdeep86, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Bdeep86

Bdeep86 Senior Member

So I've been ordering probiotics on amazon for about 7 years now, not consistently usually once a year. i'd say 90% of the time that they get to me they are dead before they arrive, even the shelf stable ones are old. Does anyone know a good vendor on amazon who keeps them fresh and sends them with a cooler pack?

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Are you in the US? There's a few places I order from that have fresh stuff and will use ice if you want to pay

I find amazon products consistently change vendors. Obviosly not reliable for that kind of stuff

One is www.pureformulas.com

Iherb
    Natural healthy concepts might.

3. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
  4. sillysocks84

sillysocks84 Senior Member

I read the reviews for vsl3 from the link @Antares in NYC gave and not only did a person say it helped his ulcerative colitis but also joint pains. That's remarkable. I will have to give it a try. I need to go back and read what strains it has. Maybe I should do tests for the right probiotic but my wallet can't take many more hits at this moment. Although I need to try something. I hear probiotic + resistant starch has really helped some people. I guess I'll be my own doctor a while before I strike it rich.

5. Antares in NYC

Antares in NYC Senior Member

USA
    You'll find more details on the strains and composition at the manufacturer's website:

http://www.vsl3.com/discover/

From the site:
    • Bifidobacterium breve
    • Bifidobacterium longum
    • Bifidobacterium infantis
    • Lactobacillus acidophilus
    • Lactobacillus plantarum
    • Lactobacillus paracasei
    • Lactobacillus bulgaricus
    • Streptococcus thermophilus
    Recommended doses:

For IBS: 2 - 4 capsules per day