• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

need a regular GP in upstate NY

jess100

HI all

I'm happy with the treatments from OMI but it occurs to me I'll need a regular GP to follow through on some of these things (ie more blood tests, another SIBO breath test, etc) So I'm looking for an open minded doctor in the upstate NY area, who would help facilitate the process, rather than a doctor who will tell me I'm depressed
Any suggestions?

@jess100

Any luck finding a GP? I'm also upstate NY area, but new to PR. I'm also just learning about ME/CFS and at the beginning of looking for treatment/doctors. So just curious if you've found anyone helpful in the area. Thanks!

jess100

Yes I found Dr. McCauley in Trumansburg -I'm not sure where "upstate" you live. I've had 1 appointment with her so far (I've been out of the country) and I was impressed. She listened to me, believed what I said, knew about Babesia, Bartonella etc (which my last doctor did not) as well as methylation/mutations and had just returned from a Lyme conference. At the end of our meeting she said she enjoys getting to the bottom of complicated cases like mine.
I wish I had more experiences to tell you about-but I don't. If you are anywhere near Ithaca I'd suggest trying to get in contact with her. I'm not sure she is taking new patients but please try. Good luck

1. Address: 4435 Seneca Rd, Trumansburg, NY 14886, United States
    Phone:+1 607-387-5707

Thanks so much! She would be a bit of a drive (1.5 hours), but who knows. May be worth it. I feel so screwed right now because I don't have the money to go to doctors that don't take insurance. I'm barely working and paying bills. But all the doctors I've seen in the insurance network, no one seems to know anything about ME/CFS or what to do with me.

jess100, does Dr. McCauley take insurance? Is she just a regular primary care doc?

jess100

Thanks so much! She would be a bit of a drive (1.5 hours), but who knows. May be worth it. I feel so screwed right now because I don't have the money to go to doctors that don't take insurance. I'm barely working and paying bills. But all the doctors I've seen in the insurance network, no one seems to know anything about ME/CFS or what to do with me.

jess100, does Dr. McCauley take insurance? Is she just a regular primary care doc?
I believe she does take insurance.....for me a 1.5 hr drive to see a good MD would be worth it. But of course I can't guarantee she can solve your issues. Yes she's a GP-but she seems way sharper than most.

Good luck.