• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Neck tightness and pain on Methylation treatment

maddietod

I'd love to hear other peoples' opinions. I didn't have any trouble with it, but obviously I needed the potassium, as it immediately relieved symptoms.

I also bought a potassium meter, and when I didn't supplement heavily, my salivary level stayed below normal. [I don't recommend buying a meter - they're difficult to calibrate and confusing to interpret.]

Lou

madietodd,

Is it safe to take that much potassium in pill form at once? There are a lot of warnings about putting that much potassium in one place at one time in the GI tract.

That's why I have stuck to foods (e.g. coconut water, bananas) for high doses.

For at least one of us it is not safe. Madie could for some unknown reason handle 500 mgs multiple times a day, and it obviously helped her, but my experience with just the second dose at 500 mgs was quite negative.

On the other hand taking 100 mgs several times a day was beneficial, and continues to be helpful.