Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

neck pain and pem

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by Johnskip, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Johnskip

Johnskip Senior Member

my pem is always accompanied by this weird neck pain that immobilized me it's awful and horrific to be honest

2. Shoshana

Shoshana Northern USA

Northern USA
    HI @Johnskip

I have had some long time periods with severe neck pain,
    and is definitely bad.

Have you found some positions that hurt it less?

I have to be sure to give mine support,
    cushions that shape correctly, to hold it.

A pollow that helps it, not hurt it more.

I also have to be careful when I move, that I do not move it badly.
    Sometimes, it surprises me, no matter what I do.

3. Johnskip

Johnskip Senior Member

are you able to exercise at all?

4. Sandman00747

Sandman00747 Senior Member

United States, Kansas
    I have had that neck pain a thousand times. Sometimes it has been so severe that I thought I was having a stroke. It has lasted anywhere from 5 minutes to several days. It is a most horrid symptom and drives me to go lay down with a heating pad and often times taking pain medication. It is a pain that all but incapacitates me! I feel for you. Having to function with that particular symptom takes all my willpower! Often times that symptom is accompanied by a crippling tinnitus for me too. Bad news!

5. Shoshana

Shoshana Northern USA

Northern USA
    Sadly, no I cannot, @Johnskip
    I tried for many years, to resume, repeatedly, doing very gentle types, but always got worse, so I need to focus now, on trying to maintain any bit of physical ability (intermittent) to do daily self-care.
    But I am sure that our cases and illnesses, are not identical, so I hope you will find a better course, in your future.

I do not have as constant , or as severe, or as frequent, of the neck pain,
    as I did have, for some years in the past, though. And some days, I can do extreme gentle, stretches and relaxation movements.

@Sandman00747
    I am sorry you have the extreme neck pain and tinnitus too! That is very tough!

Sandman00747 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.