The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nebulized glutathione & negative feedback loop

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by helen1, Dec 23, 2014.

1. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    I'm wondering if anyone's had any experience nebulizing glutathione for pneumonia and especially if anyone knows whether doing so would cause a negative feedback loop with glutathione production.

2. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    Clarification - Am I correct in interrupting that you nebulizing glutathione during an pneumonia infection?

I'm guessing here when I say that nebulizing anything (except albuterol) in the lungs during a bout of pneumonia might not be recommended. Once the infection is well on its way to clearing a persons lungs might be just as effective and not carry the risk on prolonging the pneumonia. I'm probably looking at this wrong as I'm just going by experience form a couple of past pneumonia infections with my children when younger.

Physicians just seem to be very guarded when it comes to introducing anything in the lungs (except albuterol) when a pneumonia infection has its hold on the lungs.

I would certainly like to hear other opinions as well!

3. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    Yes, chronic low grade c.pneumoniae.

It appears any form of glutathione will reduce endogenous production. So won't be nebulizing.

See more popular forum discussions.