Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nausea with B12

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by danceintherain, Jun 21, 2015.

1. danceintherain

danceintherain

I just tried adeno B12 under the inner lip and after only a few minutes I began having nausea and a headache came on as well. I looked at the ingredients after it kept getting worse, and saw it has sweetener and flavoring. Are there any that don't? I am very sensitive to sweeteners in particular. the only sweet things I eat are honey and fresh/frozen fruit.

2. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Senior Member

Western Nebraska
    The B12 oil product from b12oils.com is applied transdermally and rubbed on the skin. One of their oils is a adeno/methyl B12 combination. There are no sweeteners or flavorings in it; they are not needed because of its transdermal nature.

3. danceintherain

danceintherain

Thank you so much! Do you know if the oils work as well as the tablets?

4. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Senior Member

Western Nebraska
    The biochemist developer of B12oils says they are comparable in effectiveness to subcutaneous injections, and perhaps even better because there is a more consistent delivery of B12 to the blood stream, rather than peaks and valleys.

I have been using a once daily dose of the adeno/methyl B12 oils for over two years, and my urinary MMA test result is at the median level. I been tested as deficient in B12 in a SpectraCell micronutrient test prior to starting to use the B12 oil, while I was still using a sublingual B12. I needed to stop using sublinguals because of the damage to my teeth.

Other transdermal products on the market are not comparable to the b12oils product.

5. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

I've tried the oils only a couple times and they seem very effective.
    1 spray of the methyl-B12 is "only" 0.75mg but it seems to have stronger effect than a 5mg sublingual...

6. danceintherain

danceintherain

Do you still just use the methylfolate tablets? Or is there a transdermal folate as well? If not, you use the tablets at the same time as you apply the oil, or start before-hand, to give the folate time to absorb?

7. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

No, I don't know of any transdermal folate products.
    So yes, I keep taking Metafolin orally and I take them approximately at the same time (folate and B12 oil).

cheers

See more popular forum discussions.