1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

nausea just at night anyone?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Min, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    Does anyone else have nausea, but just at night please? It's a new one to me although I've had insomnia for years.
  2. valia

valia Senior Member

UK
    Hi Min, I do, admittedly not so much lately but still 5 to 6 times a month.

I actually wake up vomiting. :eek:

Another thing which is scary although used to it now, I wake up unable to swallow, saliva pours out of my mouth as I cant swallow it down, this lasts for an hour or so, if I keep trying to swallow I will vomit, so I just put a towel on my pillow and let it pour.

I have always thought these were symptoms of Lyme but maybe not?
  3. Min

Min Senior Member

UK
    Thank you Valia, I'm so sorry you are experiencing these symptoms - they sound absolutely dreadful.

(I do have a diagnosis of Lyme & am trying to self treat with herbs as the UK medical authorities will not recognise it exists)
  4. Dreambirdie

Dreambirdie work in progress

N. California
    Post nasal drip into the stomach, full of bacteria, can definitely create nausea and stomach upset, and contribute to insomnia--caused by the neuro-toxic effect of the bacteria. When I started using a netti pot at night before bed, this ended my sinus problems, which stopped the nausea.

If you want more info about this, Jody has just written a great article on the topic of SINUS IRRIGATION: http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/sh...cle-on-ncubator.ca-quot-Sinus-Irrigation-quot

Here's how you use a netti pot. Not easy at first, but well worth the learning curve!

[​IMG]
  5. willow

willow Senior Member

East Midlands
    Min, I had ME as a child.

Before the ME I had lots of signs of toxicity and violent, mainly noctural, nausea was one of them. I'd often wake up vomitting. nothing as sedate as feeling a bit queasy and needing a bucket beside my bed, it would be sudden..... Now remembering that the daytime nausea wasn't nearly as violent. Often I wouldn't have just 1 episode a night but 2 or 3.

See more popular forum discussions.