1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nausea - detox or liver issues?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Plum, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Plum

Plum Senior Member

UK
    Hi

I usually have nausea! I know it's due to my liver being sluggish. I usually have it under control with liver detox herbs.

But tonight my partner cooked some red meat and when I smelt it cooking I thought I'd throw up. I used to get like this and it was linked to hormones and liver sluggishness. But I haven't had it since I've had severe ME. I have aired the house and burnt oils but I can still smell it.

Any ideas?

I have been taking spirulina for about 1 week. Not loads. About 1/4 teaspoon. Is it possible it's detox issues, causing my liver to get backed up?

I don't eat red meat myself but have been fine with the smell until tonight.

In case anyone suggests it - I'm not pregnant! :)
  2. Sing

Sing Senior Member

New England
    I was told by a top herbalist that spirulina, blue green algae is harvested in large part from a very polluted lake. If I were you, I would stop taking it either all together or for weeks and see how you do. Chlorella, which is another one of those supplements which is supposed to be a health food, made me very sick with vomiting and my gut was not the same for a long time.

See more popular forum discussions.