• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nausea and Loss of Appetite - Remedial Solutions Please

nomad

Anyone interested in a London Support group?
Thanks peggy-sue, interestingly I was into the habit of adding dry ginger root powder to my teas last year!

Iquitos

I second the grated ginger root tea idea. And, if it should be available to you, marijuana is used to combat nausea and loss of appetite after chemotherapy and in HIV treatment.

nomad

The loss of appetite/nausea is severe enough that cannabis no longer helps :( But yes, when it was working it was wonderful. Ginger sounds like the way forward.

Thanks

peggy-sue

Even if only in the flavour enhancement. ;)
I do find ginger is good for nausea. I've had a lot of nausea recently, sipping my hot ginger really, really helps.

nomad

@peggy-sue I'm glad you suggested sipping hot ginger, for a moment there I was wondering if you were suggesting I should smoke it along with MJ !

Iquitos

And Steven Bruhner, master herbalist and author of books on herbal antibiotics/antivirals, has a ginger tea recipe at the top of his EBV protocol. He emphasizes that fresh ginger root is what works as an antiviral, not the powdered kind.

peggy-sue

Smoking ginger might be quite unpleasant... :wide-eyed:

It doesn't have to be fresh ginger to combat nausea, but it is nice.

nomad

And Steven Bruhner, master herbalist and author of books on herbal antibiotics/antivirals, has a ginger tea recipe at the top of his EBV protocol. He emphasizes that fresh ginger root is what works as an antiviral, not the powdered kind.

Iquitos, thanks for this. Ginger as an anti-viral means it must be potent.

nomad

So, Ive now come to the conclusion that not eating for a while is absolutely fine. My theory is that nausea could be the bodies way of saying its time to fast.

I've also been reading up on autophagy and entering into a state of ketosis, as a detox.

end

No, I'm afraid not.
I found it interesting at the time, becuase it would explain an apparent addiction to fat in the diet - and explained why and how folk can and do eat so much "junk food".

But it would also mean that it might just be a matter of persevering to try to increase it a little, Nomad, feeling nauseous should fade.

I also highly recommend ginger for nausea!
I use a diluting kind and make hot drinks with it in the evenings. It's lovely.

But you can make ginger tea by just grating a little root into a sieve and pouring hot water over it. Sweeten with honey if you like.

I am glad I mentioned it now! Sounds like a popular remedy

And absolutely tea made from FRESH ginger is best, tabs are 2nd...

Fresh ginger contains so many useful compounds

Tella

@peggy-sue Thanks, this is useful, and makes a lot of sense. Any idea how long it takes the body to adjust?
Hey it’s been a few years. I’m suffering from nausea and no appetite. Did anything work for u and how long did it all last? Thanks.