1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Naturopathy: Happy Anniversary to Me and Dr. Upcott

Discussion in 'Phoenix Rising Articles' started by Phoenix Rising Team, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Thanks Misfit Toy. There are a few of us out there who have managed to get put back together enough to be able to function better. Most we don't hear about. They are not blogging or writing articles, and many of them are just so relieved to be feeling human and being able to do some things that they are just off rebuilding their lives, not talking about it so much.

When I was at my sickest, it helped to hear that some people were improving. It gave me hope that it was possible, even though it felt like it was impossible.
    Creamcheese likes this.
  2. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Acupuncture or acupressure? I have had both. Acupuncture once a month, with a couple of needles in the outer ear. Acupressure with the ear seeds, on a constant basis for several months.

I couldn't say for sure what if any benefits came of either of them. But I had terrible inner ear troubles with crippling vertigo for a long time, and all of that has disappeared for the most part and when it flares up it has still gone down to a dull roar (sorry, little vertigo/rushing sounds in the ear humour:)). I also had grown up with chronic swollen glands under my ears, with ear aches, sore throats, etc.

I am tempted to attribute at least some of the improvement to acupuncture, acupressure, and also sinus lavage and Lymphagen cream.
    Creamcheese and golden like this.
  3. golden

golden Senior Member

Clear Light
    i have been trying to get some of that Lymphagen cream :) but amazon doesn't ship it to uk and i cant find it in the UK... :( I just need something like this too.

I think also we just don't have the same access and level of Naturopathic Doctors as people get around the world. I try not to get too disgruntled about this as I am told its the UK laws and constant attack they have to endure but I do feel that the UK is very backward in this respect.

I think of it at Ear Acupuncture but i dont use needles so its ear acupressure technically .

There are hundreds of specific points in the ears and i think because i can give myself instant feedback i get it right. although i have definately over stimulated a few times and thought 'uh oh' and gulped!

The bodies systems correlates to a foetus position in the ear . And so its a full body treatment. but i just go by where is painful and where it feels like it needs attention.

Body acupuncture and acupressure has been a mixed bag of results. Or just pain. I have had some good results with foot acupressure too. I seem to do best from techniques i apply to myself.

i was made up to read of your stable success. Your naturopathic Doctor looks like she is brimming with energy too :)
    Creamcheese likes this.
  4. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    Well, that's one way of putting it I suppose ;) I would have gone with :jaw-drop: :wide-eyed: :D :redface:
    golden likes this.
  5. Creamcheese

Creamcheese Creamcheese

Northeast USA
  6. Creamcheese

Creamcheese Creamcheese

Northeast USA
    Hi Jody. Has been a long while since seeing you as I have been away dealing with losses in family; and coping with remaining independent, myself (decades of dx'd M. E). When insured for it, years ago, I did find improvement with combinations of massage, acupuncture and Chinese herbs by a chiropractor with vast experience in homeopathy. Since unmarried, without good insurance, it has been mostly diet, nutrition, and foot massage with lavender shea butter and using other herbs to help with emotions, and other symptoms. Of course I see an MD who keeps documentation and does basic physical every three months. But the continued lack of understanding, despite our limited conversations and attempts to educate.....has left me with limited medical care. Agree that self treatments work well when proven and well researched. How fortunate that you are celebrating this wonderful anniversary with your naturopath; and have improved in this span of time. Thank you for all that you have done in sharing your journey. It made a difference in my many isolated days (formerly Sue C).
  7. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    Planning a trip to Canada, are you?
    Firestormm likes this.
  8. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    Creamcheese/Sue C.,

You've been through alot. I sympathize with your frustration with inadequate medical care. Until I found my naturopath I had the same situation to deal with. I hope that you will have better luck in finding treatment, supplements, etc. that will help your health to improve.
  9. liverock

liverock Senior Member

UK
    Firestormm likes this.
  10. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    lol I hate to break the news. Kelly got married this past weekend.:)
  11. Firestormm

Firestormm Senior Member

Cornwall England
    In the words of one of the greatest rock bands that ever graced the planet: "Another one bites the dust..." :cry::cry::cry::meh: :D
  12. Jody

Jody Senior Member

Canada
    I'll pass on your congratulations.:)
    Firestormm likes this.
  13. anniekim

anniekim Senior Member

U.K
    Yes, it is very good to remember what works for one might not for another. I hear a lot of people who find paleo helps them but I seen to so best on moderate carb. We are indeed all different

See more popular forum discussions.