Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nature.com Blog: Debate over role of Eppstein-Barr virus in MS reinvigorated

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Tony Mach, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Tony Mach

Tony Mach Show me the evidence.

Upper Palatinate, Bavaria
    As both EBV has been implicated in ME/CFS by some, and ME/CFS has been (mis-)diagnosed as MS or atypical MS in the history, the one sentence I highlighted really sticked out for me.

My money with regards to MS is on Terry Wahls we'll see, maybe it is the interaction between bad nutrition and an EBV infection.

When one sees how much research money is spent on MS, how slowly the knowledge progresses there and how difficult it is to pin down the actual culprit, I think I prepare myself for the possibility that Lipkin will not find a smoking gun. We'll see, we'll see.

(And I find the describing of EBV in the last paragraph as if it were a sentient being quite misleading.)

2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

Yup. The MS EBV discussion is interesting.

3. Desdinova

Desdinova Senior Member

USA
    REALLY! Not to me and I'm sure a lot of other folks. It's funny how research into many different diseases, disorders and illnesses suggest an involvement with EBV.

See more popular forum discussions.