The Power and Pitfalls of Omics: George Davey Smith’s storming talk at ME/CFS conference
Read about the talk that stole the show at a recent ME/CFS conference in Simon McGrath's two-part blog.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Natural supplements to lower Uric Acid

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Peyt, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Hi,
    Can anyone please recommend any natural supplements that can lower Uric Acid effectively?
    I had heard that Magnesium Citrate is able to do that, but not sure.
    Thanks so much.

2. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    This supplement is suppose to lower uric acid levels. One of the reviews said-

LINK

3. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

4. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

I have tried Taurine and unfortunately it always gives me headaches... I have a feeling its because I am hypoglycemic and Taurine does something to the insulin which is great for diabetics but not hypoglycemics.

5. Eastman

Eastman Senior Member

I get the headache from taurine too. I had assumed that it was from vasodilation.

I'm still trying to raise my taurine dosage very gradually and hope that the body will adjust over time.

6. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    Hanna likes this.
  7. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Dou you have gout symptoms? Joint pain? Or just elevated blood results?

When I had gout symptoms silymarin is what worked best for me. It increases endogenous glutathione production and helps lots of systems (incl. adrenals).

Hanna likes this.
  8. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    My doctor tells me to lower my daily protein intake on food.

9. Learner1

Pacific Northwest
    Methylating nutrients, NAC, and liposomal glutathione would help oxidative stress.

10. Learner1

Pacific Northwest
    From the link I posted above:

lnester7 likes this.
  11. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I should of add my high levels come from Inmunovir use (inmune modulator), so the lower food just help.

12. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

No I never had gout because my Uric Acid was not that high(but it was higher than normal)
    Well, let me be more specific, When I said I have Hypoglycemia it's because I didn't want to make it too complicated but what I really have is called Glycogen Storage Disease :

On minute 1:45 of this video you can see the 5 things that happen as a result of this GSD:
    1. Hypoglycemia
    2. Hematomegaly -Enlarged Liver - (I have a ultra sound showing I have mild fatty liver and mild enlarged)
    3. Lactic Acidosis - I have
    4. Hyperlipidemia(High bad Cholesterol) I have
    5. Hyperuricemia (high uric acid) I have- Showed on test as 7.9 (normal 2.6 - 7.2mg)

and Looking back at all
    my lab test results in the last 3 years I have all 5....The only thing is each lab is from a different doctor, another words none of the Doctors that I went to tested me for all 5 issues at once to put the whole puzzle together. I discovered this on my own! I am planning to go to a doctor that specializes in this disease. But they are very rare to find and most of the doctors that specialize in this specialize in the form that is more serious and develop in full force at birth where as mine is the milder version that has developed as an adult and is getting worst and worst.

Anyways, the reason I said this is because some people suggested lowering the Protein intake and that's not possible with this problem.... I need lots of Protein and veggies and less carbs ... So I need to deal with this Uric Acid somehow , but luckily the Uric Acid build up is not so high that it causes gout although I heard if the problem is not attended to it will eventually get that bad as the person gets older and older.

13. Jonathan Edwards

Jonathan Edwards "Gibberish"

Dear Peyt,
    Uric acid comes from DNA, not protein. Protein itself is not relevant.

pamojja likes this.
  14. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Oh good, another reason not to cut down on the protein! :)

15. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    Malic acid
    Bidens
    Terminalia bellerica fruit
    Baking soda 1/2 tsp
    Curcumin
    @Peyt

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Gondwanaland and Hanna like this.
  16. fireflymd

fireflymd

I have read that high amounts of fructose can also lead to elevated uric acid.

For me, eating a lot of Greek yogurt can bring on gout, presumably from the xanthine oxidase activity in dairy.

Baicalin is a supplement that can decrease uric acid:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28445133

Gondwanaland likes this.
  17. fireflymd

fireflymd

See more popular forum discussions.