Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Natural supplements that can stop Dopamine's conversion to Norepinephrine?

Discussion in 'Adrenal Dysfunction' started by Peyt, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Is there any natural supplements that can stop Dopamine's conversion to Norepinephrine?

kjellfh likes this.
  2. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Although I have not found anything specific since I put up this post, I did learn that Lithium can lower Norepinephrine while increasing Serotonin.

3. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

I am replying to my old thread again just because I think this is key info for someone suffering with anxiety created by excess NE.. Magnesium can help with this process a lot.

4. aaron_c

aaron_c Senior Member

Excessive copper can increase the conversion of dopamine to norepinephrine through increases (in number or function?) of dopamine beta-hydroxylase, a copper-containing enzyme. When I took copper, one of the things that happened was my mental focus improved while my motivation just kind of petered out. I assume that was from plenty of NE, but not enough dopamine.

Tunguska likes this.
  5. Tunguska

Tunguska Senior Member

I want to know this too, due to problems with high NE/low DA (this is a simplification).

Like Aaron said, copper fed to animals increased NE and likely can do the same in people in large doses.

Vit C is the other cofactor, but it's less clear its effects. I do avoid large doses.

There's a thread on longecity: http://www.longecity.org/forum/topi...ine-if-you-got-issues-decrease-noradrenaline/

Disulfiram is out of the picture for obvious reasons. The most interesting was Ursolic Acid: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24116298 (credit to longecity)
    But the supplement Ursolic acid seems to be unaffordable in high doses and bodybuilders don't report much from it. I doubt 50mg in Fuji apples amounts to much.

aaron_c likes this.
  6. aaron_c

aaron_c Senior Member

Hah. I didn't say that, exactly. Actually, I was having trouble finding a study to back up what I have thought for a few years to be true. Thanks!

7. Tunguska

Tunguska Senior Member

Sorry, I took a verbal shortcut. This is one: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11048941

aaron_c likes this.
  8. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

If this is true, it makes sense why my body resonates with Molybdenum so much. It pulls copper.
    I thought the reason I do well with Molybdenum is because it cleans out the Sulfites. But whatever, it works for me! :)

Paralee likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.