1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Knitting Equals Pleasure, Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith loves knitting. Again. She thought her days of knitting and purling were long over but ... she's back ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Natural Sleep Aids?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by curry, Oct 12, 2010.

1. curry

curry Senior Member

Hi guys,

Could you please recommend a natural sleeping aid, or any other which is available over the counter?

I've been using so far Nytol, which works like a charm - but unfortunately wears off after some weeks.

So, if you know of any other brand which has helped you, please let me know. :thumbsup:

Many thanks.
  2. kat0465

kat0465 Senior Member

Texas
    Curry,
    i have had good luck with sleepMD.it keeps me asleep and i dont feel groggy when i wake up.they make a whole line of products.
    i have used the heartburnMD also.
    melatonin also helped some. hope you get some relief.

Kat
  3. curry

curry Senior Member

Hi Kat0465

Thank you for the tip regarding SleepMD. Much appreciated.
    (The main ingredient is a hormone though, which I'm a bit cautious to take over a longer period.)

So any further tips for natural sleep aids would be greatly appreciated. :Retro smile:
  4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    Magnesium, l-theanine, 5htp, melatonin, Seditol (herbal preparation), kavinace, seriphos. It kind of depends on what your sleep issues are. A cocktail will likely be more effective than one thing.

Have you had a sleep study done? You might be surprised at what shows up.
  5. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    What Caledonia said. :)

1-3 milligrams of melatonin knocks me out within an hour or so...gives me pretty deep sleep too. Wake up feeling like...well, you know, but I'd probably feel worse if i didn't get any sleep. Also seriphos has been helpful, but has more of a subtle gradual influence.

See more popular forum discussions.