• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Natural Product Shows Promise for IBS Sufferers Source: Global Healing Center, Inc.

*GG*

September 22, 2010

The popular nutraceutical health supplement, Oxy-Powder has passed clinical trials for Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) with a 99.9 percent success rate.

According to the NIH, approximately 20% of Americans suffer from the symptoms of IBS, which qualifies it as one of the most common medical problems in the United States. Due to the amorphous nature of the condition, it has proven exceptionally difficult to treat.

Human Clinical Trials conducted earlier this year scientifically confirm that Oxy-Powder, currently marketed as an all-natural colon cleansing supplement, successfully alleviates the major symptoms of IBS in most cases.

The potential of the product as a natural aid for IBS was significant enough to catch the attention of the "International Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences" (IJPBS) who published the clinical trials in their Journal earlier this year.

All of the patients followed during the study displayed typical symptoms of IBS including hard, lumpy and painful bowel movements; as well as feelings of incomplete evacuation and fullness (bloating) prior to taking the supplement.

Participants were closely monitored for a 6-week period, during which time they were able modify their individual dosage of Oxy-Powder, under guidance of their physician, to best suit their unique needs.

Upon completion of the trails, 69.2 percent of participants were reported as showing significant improvement in reducing their symptoms of IBS. An astounding 30.8 percent met the qualifications for "Complete Remission" under the guidelines set forth by the study. "This is an amazing breakthrough for people suffering from IBS which could change their lives forever," says Dr. Edward Group who submitted the product for the study.

"Safety and Efficacy of Oxy-Powder in reducing IBS with constipation was also significantly high," the researchers responsible for conducting the trials reported.

Dr. Edward F. Group, the creator of Oxy-Powder, has studied natural healing methods for more than two decades. Under his leadership, Global Healing Center, Inc. has earned recognition as one of the largest alternative, organic and natural health resources in the world.

2010 Penton Media, Inc.

ukxmrv

International Journal of Pharma & Bio Sciences

Managing Editor Assistant Editor

P. Muthuprasanna
Email: p_ra2000@yahoo.com
India K. Suriaprabha
Email: suryaapril14@yahoo.com
India

Only 40 + 20 patients in Mumbai over only 6 weeks (most have constipation only)

The therapy in the treatment of constipation includes administration of enema, suppositories, oral laxatives and
fibers 7.

IntuneJune

From their website

My problem is not with constipation, but tends towards diarrhea....... But your post still sounded interesting so I went to their website. The label does say it helps with diarrhea. But then also this was listed. While it states not clinical diarrhea......those of us who tend towards diarrhea anyway might have issues????? It contains a lot of magnesium......

This product is gluten free!!! Yeah!!! But I would be afraid to try it. At least without some brave souls here going before me :) June

From Oxy-Powder's website:

Oxy-Powder will cause watery, gaseous stools.
This is not clinical diarrhea; it’s the byproduct of oxidation. The causes of diarrhea are usually temporary problems such as an infection or virus, or chronic problems such as an intestinal disease. A few of the more common causes of diarrhea are:

•Bacterial infections transmitted through contaminated water or food including Campylobacter, Salmonella, Shigella, Escherichia coli, viral infections, rotovirus, Norwalk virus, cytomegalovirus, herpes simplex virus, and viral hepatitis
•Lactose intolerance
•Parasites such as Giardia lamblia, Entamoeba histolytica, and Cryptosporidium
•Reactions to prescription medications, such as antibiotics and blood pressure medications
•Intestinal diseases, like inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome and celiac disease
Remember Oxy-Powder is turning solids into a liquid or gas. To assist the cleansing process, it’s advised to drink half of your body weight in ounces of purified water daily while taking Oxy-Powder even though there has never been a documented case of dehydration or electrolyte imbalance. To figure out your body weight in ounces, please divide your body weight in half. (For example, if you weigh 140lbs. then you should drink 70 ounces of water.)

Boule de feu

Thank you, ggingues. This is very interesting.
I have IBS with alternating stool pattern (IBS-A) and I have tried one product before which had magnesium in it. What a nightmare! Never again. It gave me severe cramps and pain.
I will not try this product, for sure.