• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Natural Pet Health

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@golden
thats brilliant - I did look up holistic treatment for anal gland problems, she's had regular walks and a raw bone every day but not a lot of improvement. Doesn't help she's got joint problems, her shoulder went a couple of weeks ago. So has been on a/inflammatories as well
I feel a little better today so will check out stuff for worming. thanks for the name of the vet -I'll keep that - its a drag that I need someone to take us every time so distance is a problem, don't think dogs and skype go very well:) she'll go all coy!!!

maryb

iherb code TAK122
@peggy-sue
ah but according to the dis-believers its only water:)
homeopathy snake venom (can't remember the name of the potion) made my tongue blister(which is what the full strength stuff would do) - of course there's nothing in it - like hell..........

peggy-sue

I just realised this thread was specifically about alternative treatment - so I was coming back to apologise for my comments being disrespectful of others' beliefs.

golden

I just realised this thread was specifically about alternative treatment - so I was coming back to apologise for my comments being disrespectful of others' beliefs.

I took on board your post and have edited mine to more clearly distinguish that I was discussing Homeopathic Aconite 6c, 30c, 200c.

Unfortunately I do not have a bold or italic or underline facility and so had to do this using capitals. The Capitals are only for highlighting purposes.

:)
Best ,
Golden

peggy-sue

When you go to the reply box, there should be a load of little icony things in a pale blue band at the top.

There's a big B which will bold anything you highlight; an I which will italicise; a U which will underline and an S which will score through the highlighted text. - it's in the same pale blue band as the emoticon smiley thing - to the left of it.

(don't ask me about the other bits)

golden

@golden
thats brilliant - I did look up holistic treatment for anal gland problems, she's had regular walks and a raw bone every day but not a lot of improvement. Doesn't help she's got joint problems, her shoulder went a couple of weeks ago. So has been on a/inflammatories as well
I feel a little better today so will check out stuff for worming. thanks for the name of the vet -I'll keep that - its a drag that I need someone to take us every time so distance is a problem, don't think dogs and skype go very well:) she'll go all coy!!!

Ah she sounds like a sweetheat :) bet she would be secretly enjoying it though...

He is very professional and would need faxed case history and vet report on current diagnoses etc. And can work very well with local Vets.

Just to keep the thread light, I was looking through testimonials and if you click on the 44th one down...

Dog - bad back - there is a Complaint.

The best bit is when you get to the end and see who has written it. :)

http://www.alternativevet.org/testimonials.htm#list

I am terrible because I havent even contributed my own successes onto this :-/ Not to worry.

Best ,
Golden

golden

When you go to the reply box, there should be a load of little icony things in a pale blue band at the top.

There's a big B which will bold anything you highlight; an I which will italicise; a U which will underline and an S which will score through the highlighted text. - it's in the same pale blue band as the emoticon smiley thing - to the left of it.

No, I dont have any of that. Thanks though.

Best,
Golden

(don't ask me about the other bits)

leela

Have you looked into Lufenuron? When the source is high quality, it is basically just chitinase.
I am about to go on a course of it myself for candida/fungus; however it is alleged to be very effective against fleas' eggs/larva from the inside out in pets, as well as any fungal issues like ringworm. There is some other capsule, the contents of which I am ignorant, for the adult fleas.

I'm not sure what the approach is if your home is infested. Diatomaceous earth is good
but you want to be very careful sprinkling around because if your pets (or you) breathe it, it is very irritating to the lungs.
You kind of have to work it in with a broom to things like carpet and upholstery so it would probably be best for you and pets to stay elsewhere for a day until you can vacuum it all up again.

If you know anyone with a "shock treatment" quality ozone machine, a 24-hr blast would likely kill the ones in your house. But then you *definitely* have to leave with the pets and houseplants.

Last edited by a moderator:

golden

Have you looked into Lufenuron? When the source is high quality, it is basically just chitinase.
I am about to go on a course of it myself for candida/fungus; however it is alleged to be very effective against fleas' eggs/larva from the inside out in pets, as well as any fungal issues like ringworm. There is some other capsule, the contents of which I am ignorant, for the adult fleas.

I'm not sure what the approach is if your home is infested. Diatomaceous earth is good
but you want to be very careful sprinkling around because if your pets (or you) breathe it, it is very irritating to the lungs.
You kind of have to work it in with a broom to things like carpet and upholstery so it would probably be best for you and pets to stay elsewhere for a day until you can vacuum it all up again.

If you know anyone with a "shock treatment" quality ozone machine, a 24-hr blast would likely kill the ones in your house. But then you *definitely* have to leave with the pets and houseplants.

Thanks Leela I appreciate that and delight in reading about new treatments I have never heard of before :)

I am currently flea free, from shampooing, hoovering and creating a flea free environment - to make it difficult for them to breed.

But I want to be prepared come the warmer weather again.

Best,
Golden

leela

Thanks Leela I appreciate that and delight in reading about new treatments I have never heard of before :)

I am currently flea free, from shampooing, hoovering and creating a flea free environment - to make it difficult for them to breed.

But I want to be prepared come the warmer weather again.

Best,
Golden
Haha! Look at me and my prolonged attack of The Dumbs not noticing the thread was from July!
Postings for posterity!

maryb

iherb code TAK122
Ah she sounds like a sweetheat :) bet she would be secretly enjoying it though...

He is very professional and would need faxed case history and vet report on current diagnoses etc. And can work very well with local Vets.

Just to keep the thread light, I was looking through testimonials and if you click on the 44th one down...

Dog - bad back - there is a Complaint.
The best bit is when you get to the end and see who has written it. :)

http://www.alternativevet.org/testimonials.htm#list
I am terrible because I havent even contributed my own successes onto this :-/ Not to worry.
Best ,
Golden

Very funny.....
Looks like just my idea of a good vet - wish he was a bit nearer.

golden

Very funny.....
Looks like just my idea of a good vet - wish he was a bit nearer.

Glad you liked it.

Sorry about the directions to find it! couldn't link direct to it.

I wish he was nearer to me too :(

Best ,
Golden

PNR2008

I am so understanding of the natural vs pharma problem that I have to give myself a break from research just so I don't lose my mind. I have tried homeopathic, vacuuming (back surgery) to death, food grade diatematious earth,

many baths (too weak now) and was to a degree somewhat successful but when I moved.......... to a previous peach orchard and farmland (a new development) my German Shepherd had 7 ticks jump on her on the patio!!!!!!!!! EEK! She was a therapy dog that visited hospitals, nursing homes and schools so this was unacceptable plus the ticks were brought in the house and even attached to me. Lyme was a big problem with me at the beginning of my illness. Did I have it or not? Well I had to resort to big pharma and that wonderful dog died at 9 yrs from cancer suddenly. Out of 5 GSD 2 died of cancer. Now I'm on #6 and I taught her to let me know if a tick is crawling on her so I can get rid of it, still the tick only dies if it bites her, it doesn't if it bites me.

@Wayne has written diatomatious earth if taken internally gets rid of intestinal parasites that plague us, so I will look into that. Still there are no easy answers and the older, sicker I get, I will need a dog that works harder for me. My cousin teaches handicap people to train their own dogs to open refrigerator doors, pick-up clothes baskets, jump around the phone for deaf people to alert it's ringing, etc. So what is the answer, I don't know yet.

golden

Hi PNR2008,

I wrote a reply last night but I lost it. I have brain tangle now.

I am really sorry about the loss of your dogs :(

I have a shepherd now. She is wonderful. My Vet confirmed what I knew - the breed is sensitive.

I have to say , I am pretty cool with most insects- I think they are little miracles :)

But yikes .... I couldn't cope with a tick pile-on !! Lol

That is super clever of your dog telling you when sh has a tick ... I must say :) I have never heard of this...

I find my Shepherd loves learning new things and helping out - and I make it a lot of fun for her. What a rewarding job your cousin must have.

My dog opens doors, draws, put s the lights on for me, cant think what else ...she has a special howl if the phone goes...... she files her own nails!!! :)

Waynes thread is excellent. If I get brave enought, will try it.

Best ,
Golden.