• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Natural Alternatives to Rituximab?

Anecdotally, I improve for a day after completing plasmapheresis. It reduces overall immunity, with mixed data on how it effects cell counts. Some theories are rampant about CFS being partially a hypercoagulation disorder, and the plasmapheresis process uses a blood thinner. In addition, a bag of IV fluids doesn't hurt :)

beaverfury

beaverfury
Heres an interesting article on immunosupressive herbs. http://journals.tums.ac.ir/upload_files/pdf/_/21159.pdf

It lists curcumin and thunder god vine, etc.

Curcumin at high doses reduced the proliferation of B cells stimulated with the Toll-likereceptor (TLR) ligands LPS and CpG
oligodeoxynucleotides and at low doses enhanced antibody responses indicating that curcumin could be astrong modulator of B cell activation.
Not exactly rituximab.
As ever though, i'm confused. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: If you take an autoimmune approach to me/cfs you would want an
immunosuppressant... but if you take a pathogenic approach, wouldn't you take an immunostimulant??

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I have heard that Thundergod Vine Extract is toxic, but the Triptolide that can be extracted from it is not. I found a place I can get the Triptolide only. Has anyone tried Triptolide (not Thundergod Vine Extract).