1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Natural Alternatives to Rituximab?

Discussion in 'Rituximab: News and Research' started by gailw, Jul 16, 2012.

1. perovyscus

perovyscus

Anecdotally, I improve for a day after completing plasmapheresis. It reduces overall immunity, with mixed data on how it effects cell counts. Some theories are rampant about CFS being partially a hypercoagulation disorder, and the plasmapheresis process uses a blood thinner. In addition, a bag of IV fluids doesn't hurt :)
  2. beaverfury

beaverfury beaverfury

West Australia
    Heres an interesting article on immunosupressive herbs. http://journals.tums.ac.ir/upload_files/pdf/_/21159.pdf

It lists curcumin and thunder god vine, etc.

Curcumin at high doses reduced the proliferation of B cells stimulated with the Toll-likereceptor (TLR) ligands LPS and CpG
    oligodeoxynucleotides and at low doses enhanced antibody responses indicating that curcumin could be astrong modulator of B cell activation.
    Not exactly rituximab.
    As ever though, i'm confused. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: If you take an autoimmune approach to me/cfs you would want an
    immunosuppressant... but if you take a pathogenic approach, wouldn't you take an immunostimulant??
  3. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    I have heard that Thundergod Vine Extract is toxic, but the Triptolide that can be extracted from it is not. I found a place I can get the Triptolide only. Has anyone tried Triptolide (not Thundergod Vine Extract).

See more popular forum discussions.