• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

National Welsh newspaper prints my Lyme story

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Thanks for all the responses - it means so much to me! especially as I have posted on my facebook page for all my 'real world' friends to see and haven't had a single comment from any 'close' friends :bang-head:

Oh well, I guess we know who our friends are;) - all you lovely peeps :thumbsup:

Antares in NYC

Publicity and awareness raising is gathering pace after John Caudwell's ongoing camapaign to highlight the high cost of undiagnosed untreated Lyme disease in the UK. Wales On Sunday approached me for an article and here it is (online version)

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/lyme-disease-wrecked-justine-railtons-10280137

I'm pretty happy about it, apart from the mildly sensational use of words like 'wrecked' and 'terrified'. Those of you who know me around here can probably spot that I don't normally speak like that. But overall it does a good job - although he mentions Chronic fatigue not M.E or CFS - which is what I told him.
Thanks for your bravery and your testimony, Justy. Hope your effort helps our societies focus on finding an end to this torture.

You rock! :thumbsup:

sianrecovery

Wow, that's such a great article! Well done Justy! For once, it actually covers the reality of the condition. And so desperately needed in Wales, where our population in rural areas is at such risk. You looked great by the way, and your family look gorgeous. I come from your part of the woods - Dad from Eglwyswrw and Mum from Newport pembs. I miss the Precelis...

Good job!! xxxx

justy

Donate Advocate Demonstrate
Wow, that's such a great article! Well done Justy! For once, it actually covers the reality of the condition. And so desperately needed in Wales, where our population in rural areas is at such risk. You looked great by the way, and your family look gorgeous. I come from your part of the woods - Dad from Eglwyswrw and Mum from Newport pembs. I miss the Precelis...

Good job!! xxxx
Wow - Eglwyswrw! I have friends there, and we go to the beach at Newport all the time because you can drive on and I don't have to walk to be at the beach! Do they speak welsh? most people in Eglwyswrw do

ha ha - wonder if anyone here can pronounce that place name?

I miss the Preselis too - can see them occasionaly but no walking or cycling in them or visitn the famous pubs

sianrecovery

Both my parent were Welsh speaking, but they didn't pass it on, and I haven't acquired it as an adult. All the rest of my large extended family have Welsh as their first language, so I spent many hours as a child learning to understand it. Now I've moved back to Wales, the north west, near Harlech, I will try again to study it. I love that beach so much. My mother used to ride her horse there as a kid. Cairningli is a truly blessed spot as well. Glad you get out there. Much love, fellow country woman xxxx

I can confirm the UK weather report from the Southeast, We haven't had snow worth mentioning for some years now. I have been to Snowdonia in north Wales, beautiful but hilly 'just thinking about it now makes my legs hurt'.
'I wish you luck with your fundraising and hope it leads you to a healthier life'

"Nice to meet you"