Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

National Parks Pass

Discussion in 'Finances, Work, and Disability' started by mfairma, Nov 28, 2015.

1. mfairma

mfairma Senior Member

My wife and I just made the discovery that the US national parks offer a lifetime pass to the disabled. It costs nothing and, surprisingly, did not require proof, at least when we got one at the gate of a park we are visiting.

Just a heads up to anyone well enough to drive or ride as a passenger. The pass also covers other vehicle occupants.

2. SOC

SOC Senior Member

How I would love even to be driven through some National Parks again! :love:

Valentijn and mfairma like this.
  3. Denise

Denise Senior Member

I hope you had a nice drive!
    Great discovery! Thanks for the info. (It looks as though additional info is here https://store.usgs.gov/pass/access.html)

SOC and mfairma like this.
  4. mfairma

mfairma Senior Member

Thank you, Denise. It is really more than I can manage to do long car rides and short walks, but it is nice and I am so grateful to be well enough even to do that.

5. Denise

Denise Senior Member

Caution - venting.
    I HATE that we have so very very little that can effectively counteract the limitations imposed by this disease.

sorry to go OT

SOC likes this.
  6. SOC

SOC Senior Member

I know what you mean. :( Even most of the small pleasures are denied us. This is a very cruel disease.

See more popular forum discussions.