• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

National ME/FM Action Network Competing In 2015 Aviva Contest For $100K For ME/FM Research!

sillysocks84

We need many more votes! I know if everyone voted daily on here we could probably make it to first. What I'm afraid is going to happen is that we're going to drop to third place at the end. Should we make another post in this case? Or just tag more people?

mango

i've been voting two times every day throughout the whole thing: one for myself and one for a ME friend who is too ill to do it herself right now.

i'm using a VPN add-on (tunnelbear) in my web browser (chrome), so it allows me to vote from two different ip addresses = to the aviva system it will look like two different people.

i wouldn't want to encourage anyone to do anything illegal. i'm just mentioning this to let you know that it's possible, for example if you too have a friend who would like to vote but isn't able to.

SOC

Rank, not number of votes, is what matters in terms of winning funds, right? So how are we doing in the ranking? Are we gaining on first place, loosing ground to third place, or holding our own?

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Is anyone else having difficulty getting the vote button to work. I am on dial-up. I have found that if I let the page completely load, the button does not work. I have to catch when it 'jiggles' while the page is loading. Even then it may or may not work. I have noticed that if the triangle is not showing at the right end of the button (really a bar), it does seem to work. Last night I reload the page about a half dozen times without success and finally gave up.

frenchtulip

Aviva voting is now closed. It looks like we took 2nd place with over a 350 vote lead. Thanks to everyone who supported this effort! Votes will have to be checked, but it appears the National ME/FM Action Network will receive $5,000 and, hopefully, more! Great work, everyone!!!