• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

National ME/FM Action Network Competing In 2015 Aviva Contest For $100K For ME/FM Research!

frenchtulip

The National ME/FM Action Network in Canada is competing in the 2015 Aviva contest for up to $100,000 for ME and FM research. There is both a public voting and a Final judging phase. The top five entries in our category during the voting phase will advance to the judging phase. If we advance, we are guaranteed $5,000 and have a chance of winning $100,000. Last year we did win $5,000.

Public voting runs from October 6th through October 23rd. Each person gets eighteen votes and can vote once every twenty-four hours. It appears that international voting is permitted again this year. You can register with just your email or via Facebook at www.avivacommunityfund.org. To register, click on the Login button on the top right corner, then select Sign Up. Fill in the required information and submit it. Aviva will send you an activation email. When the email arrives, click “complete your registration” and you should now be good to go. You can register now. When voting begins, just go to www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf32536 to cast your votes.

You can receive a daily reminder to vote via email or through Facebook. To receive an email, just send your email request to office@mefmaction.com. To receive a daily reminder through Facebook, join the event at https://www.facebook.com/events/542552745892932/.

Prize money will be used to support biomedical research of ME and FM in Canada. You can read the details by going to: www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf32536

Please vote DAILY, share widely, and invite your family and friends to join us in this great effort. Thank you very much for your help!

shannah

@frenchtulip

I've tried sending a message twice to the email address for a reminder. Both times it's bounced back to me with this message:

"Remote host said:
550 High probability of spam"

Perhaps you could notify them that emails are not getting through at that address. Thanks.

You can also send to me at info@may12th.org.

Not sure what the issue us with the email. Is it your provider that is rejecting it or the receiving end? Maybe you could forward it to me too so I can investigate further. Thanks

shannah

Can I just clarify if voting is once daily or once every 24 hours?

The last contest was once every 24 hours and was very confusing and frustrating. If you forgot what time you voted the day before, which was usually the case, it would just give a message that you'd already voted for that day even if you could legitimately vote again in a few minutes. So I'm sure we lost votes that way.

Eventually I figured out that I could vote every 24 hours but not before, so wrote down the time that I had voted. Still, I know that my total votes were shy of what they should have been.

Snookum96

I posted this on Health Rising as well and someone suggested posting on Reddit's CFS page if the rules allow it, apparently it would get a lot of visibility there.

I don't know what Reddit is, but if anyone uses it and it's allowed that would be a great idea!

*GG*

Can I just clarify if voting is once daily or once every 24 hours?

The last contest was once every 24 hours and was very confusing and frustrating. If you forgot what time you voted the day before, which was usually the case, it would just give a message that you'd already voted for that day even if you could legitimately vote again in a few minutes. So I'm sure we lost votes that way.

Eventually I figured out that I could vote every 24 hours but not before, so wrote down the time that I had voted. Still, I know that my total votes were shy of what they should have been.

I usually use a thread and post what the vote count is after I vote, not sure if this would be a good thread to do that on, or if a new thread should be started? Also, so 5K was won last year, what was done with that?

GG

PS Not seeing where I vote! I should be able to vote right now, right?

Update: Ok, I had to log in, not seeing National ME/FM Action Network. What am I missing now?

shannah

I have other questions as well.

Is it 1 vote per person in the household? Does each person need a unique email address or a separate IP address?

frenchtulip

I have other questions as well.

Is it 1 vote per person in the household? Does each person need a unique email address or a separate IP address?
Shannah, This is from the terms and conditions:
Everyone registered on the Aviva Community Fund site can vote for their favourite idea(s) following the
Idea Entry phase, and during the Qualifying Voting Round which begins at noon October 6, 2015 EST
and ends at 4PM October 23, 2015 EST of the competition.
So, apparently, everyone who has a Facebook account or an email address can vote.

frenchtulip

Mandeep AvivaContest1_2.jpg

The Aviva contest has begun and voting is underway! Please cast your vote at
www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf32536. Help us win $100,000 for ME and FM research by voting daily from today through Oct 23rd.

If you’re not already registered, you can register with just your email or via Facebook at www.avivacommunityfund.org. To register, click on the Login button on the top right corner then select Sign Up. Fill in the required information and submit it. They will send you an activation email. When the email arrives, click “complete your registration” and you should now be good to go. You can register now.

Please join our event https://www.facebook.com/events/542552745892932/ to receive a daily voting reminder. If you prefer an email reminder, please contact office@mefmaction.com.

Please share widely and invite your friends to join the event.

Thank you for your support. We all win if we can win this contest.