• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

National conference on Retroviruses -- Feb 27-Mar 2, 2011 (Boston)

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
As Dr. Yes says - looks like possitive studies are denied

http://www.retroconference.org/2011/data/files/webcast_2011.htm[/QUOTE]

New York City Dept of Hlth and Mental Hygiene, NY, US
Coming soonThemed Discussion: XMRV: New Findings and Controversies
3/2/2011 1:00 PM
Development of a GFP-indicator Cell Line for the Detection of XMRV
KyeongEun Lee
NCI-Frederick, MD, US
XMRV Induces a Nonproductive Infection in Human Lymphoid Tissue
Marta Curriu
Fndn irsiCaixa, Badalona, Spain
Presence of XMRV Sequences in B Cells Are Restricted by APOBEC
Jorge Carrillo
Fndn irsiCaixa, Barcelona, Spain
Single Copy and Single Genome Sequencing Assays to Detect XMRV in Human Blood Products
Mary Kearney
HIV Drug Resistance Prgm, NCI-Frederick, MD, US
Discordant XMRV Test Results and Non-reproducible Mouse Endogenous Retroviral Detection in an XMRV Prevalence Study
Timothy Henrich
Brigham and Women`s Hosp, Boston, MA, US and Harvard Med Sch, Boston, MA, US
Serologic and PCR Testing of Persons with CFS in the US Shows No Association with XMRV
William Switzer
CDC, Atlanta, GA, US
Extensive Genetic Recombination in the XMRV Genome
William Switzer
CDC, Atlanta, GA, US
Disease-associated XMRV Sequences Explained by Laboratory Contamination
Stphane Hu
Univ Coll London, UK
Identification of a Novel Endogenous Murine Leukemia Virus as an XMRV Ancestor
Oya Cingoz
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston, MA, US

Last time didnt we all get together with emails etc and have the others invited?

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Hi Dr Yes, I think this deserves a new thread...
can you include the facebook link btw? tnx

Hi Leaves - the most comprehensive FB post from XMRV Global Action is here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/xmrv-global-action/dr-mikovitsdrs-ruscetti-not-invited-to-the-croi-please-email-concerns-to/10150112632796797

The comments by Andrea Whittemore are in a previous post on this subject, also by XMRV GA.

I agree that this stuff should be in its own thread, but that would mean moving more than my posts... could one of the Admins do it?

Alternatively this thread could simply be renamed "WPI and Ruscettis locked out of CROI", etc.

cigana

I have sent the organisers a strongly worded email requesting detailed answers. If you have time, please consider sending one too, I think the more the better in terms of demonstrating to them that this is not on.

currer

Hi,
Although this conference looks set to demolish the claim that XMRV is associated with CFS/ME, where does this leave the associated claim by Alter and Lo that they found PMLVs in CFS patients, and what is more thought that they has mutated over time? Remember they sequenced all their findongs.
At the time the PMLV findings were derided because they were not XMRV. Now however, precisely because the research presented at this conference is so specific to XMRV, it cannot be extended to include the Alter research.
So the research presented at this conference has a limitation. It cannot dismiss Lo and Alters claims of an association between MLVs and disease.