1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NASA is looking for volunteers to test their beds

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Marlène, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
  2. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    You get 5000 dollar a month if you can stay 70 days in bed. Mmmh that shouldn't be too difficult for us :D

taniaaust1, Valentijn, Bob and 3 others like this.
  3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Just when I started to give up that there was no ideal job for me! ;)

Marlène, roxie60, taniaaust1 and 2 others like this.
  4. Bob

Bob

South of England
    lol, do they allow home-working? :)

Unfortunately they "are looking for a population that resembles the NASA astronaut population" and "You must also meet the Modified Air Force Class III Medical Standard." Considering their levels of fitness, and ability to withstand centrifugal machines without the blood rushing out of their heads (I can't even stand up without the blood rushing out of my head), it seems that our dream job might be unattainable!

:ill:

5. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    sorry Bob, USA residents only :cool:

6. Bob

Bob

South of England
    Darn :(

7. snowathlete

snowathlete

UK
    little bit of centrifugal force never hurt anyone...do you have to survive the ordeal, or do you not get paid if you die in the process? ...I could really use the money, but I'm not gonna die for free.

8. Spring

Spring Senior Member

Netherlands
    Nice job!

Just heard this week that people with ME(cfs) dont get decubitus (pressure ulcers) as other people who are in bed 24/7 because the skin has less blood flow. Another reason for Nasa to turn us down. Or not :) Not that anyone knows...

9. taniaaust1

taniaaust1

Sth Australia
    crap, ideal job for us but we arent considered healthy enough for it. Its irronic isnt it.

I once had an ideal ME/CFS job, I was actually working 70hrs per week with ME with it. I had a job SLEEPING right along side the bed of someone who was a quadruplegic just in case something happened in the middle of the night. The hardest thing was to drive the 20mins to the guys home. He wasnt a talker and would just watch his TV at night so I just had to stay silent.

10. Marlène

Marlène Senior Member

Edegem, Belgium
    Now you mention it, I've been completely bedridden for 14 months in a dark room. Not one pressure ulcer indeed.

Little Bluestem and Valentijn like this.

See more popular forum discussions.