Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Narcotic (Opioid) Pain Medications Relieve Some of my Neurological ME/CFS Symptoms

Discussion in 'Neurological/Neuro-sensory' started by Tristen, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Skippa

Skippa Anti-BS

Hi @MargUK pretty sure that what you are describing is tolerance withdrawal. You can google for more infos.

Don't fret, I'm gonna make a longer post reply but can't find the energy atm, I'll post tomorrow.

The bluelight forum that @Palmer1997 linked to is great for all things opiate/tolerance/withdrawal related, so have a good search on there, some scientific minds also, it's like PR for (sometimes illegal) drugs.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    SueJohnPat and Tunguska like this.
  2. Tunguska

Tunguska Senior Member

@MargUK That's quite bad, sorry to hear. I'm not an expert on opioid detox and I haven't been on opioids with long half-lives like suboxone. Someone living in the UK might help you find another clinic (if such thing exists). Otherwise the only resource that I found liberal enough to give any real practical suggestions was: https://opiateaddictionsupport.com/

Serious anxiety and depression is standard even if you taper no matter the opioid. In my experience and in many reports the only things that can make a dent in it during opioid withdrawal are the neuralgia meds: lyrica/pregabalin, gabapentin, phenibut. But if you have a long taper and overuse these you'll switch out your dependency for these instead. I personally felt I had to do cold turkeys which makes the substitutes safer and more effective on the whole, but I'm not suggesting that you do this with suboxone whatsoever. Even if your dose is not very high compared to others.

That's about all the advice I can give, sorry, but I think you need to find suggestions from people specifically who withdrew from long half-life opioids and/or professional.

3. Sidereal

Sidereal Senior Member

FWIW, I noticed nothing from taking ibudilast. Which is unusual for me since I react to everything, mostly negatively.

4. MargUK

MargUK

Aberdeen, Scotland
    Thanks @Skippa - I found the Bluelight and several other drug forums very helpful when I was trying to decide whether to go on Subutex or not originally. How I wish I'd never touched the stuff! I instinctively knew it was far too strong a drug for my situation - someone said to me it was 'like using a mallet to get rid of a pimple' but I felt backed into a corner at the time.

Thanks for your response - no pressure for the longer one - just when you feel able.

5. Kenshin

Kenshin

I gave Tramadol a go, 100mg. At first I was pleasantly surprised to find a reduction of general "muscle" pain, but soon followed a feeling of nausia that lasted hours.

It was more effective than codeine which barely effects me at 100mg, but I would need to find a way to stop the sick feeling if I'm to continue it.

Any sugestions? Antihistamines an hour before dosing?

6. serusaert

serusaert

Seattle
    @Kenshin, i suspect that you might find better results if you split the pill in half and lower the dose to 50 mg. when i take tramadol, i take 50 mg.

due to it's addictive nature, i don't take tramadol too often, and, additionally, it interferes with LDN which works very well for me.

but, when i do take it, i find that tramadol helps for a couple of days - and it doesn't mess with sleep quite as much as clonazepam (which is also addictive).

7. knackers323

knackers323 Senior Member

@Palmer1997 how long and at what dose did you find Ibudilast took to work?

Mine was also delivered hot from the sun. Anyone know if that would have damaged it?

8. Orthrus

Orthrus

I am interested in this as I have developed some new neuropathy symptoms. But I am wondering about legalities. Is it legal to buy/own/use this? What are my legal risks? Thank you for any info on this.

9. Hip

Hip Senior Member

These websites selling "research chemicals" do so on the understanding it is not sold for human use. That makes it legal for them to sell, and legal for you to buy. What you then do with the drug when you get it is your own business.

10. Orthrus

Orthrus

Thank you! The last thing one needs to have is CFS in prison. ;-)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017 at 5:34 PM
    Hip likes this.
  11. Shakota

Shakota

I have fibromyalgia and PEM, and was a practicing RN. I have a combo of drug that works for moderate pain and moderate cognitive problems (what I'd term confusion) on a daily basis for 15 years. I take 2.5mg methadone together with either tizanidine or baclofen (lowest dose). Methadone doesn't not require in increase in dose to work. It energizes me a little and puts pain in the background. Has anti-glutimate actions, as well as opioid receptor. Developed by German engineering.
    If I get disoriented (by the pain/fog), I then resort to a little klonopin.

See more popular forum discussions.