May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nancy Lee to leave CFSAC (Aug 2016)

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    From their e-newsletter.

JaimeS, Bob, sarah darwins and 2 others like this.
  2. Valentijn

Valentijn WE ARE KINA

How about transitioning the position the hell out of an office which focuses on social disparities in health care, and into an actual Institute which can handle medical research?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Snow Leopard, Solstice, Kati and 7 others like this.
  3. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    No wonder not much has happened, if she focused on this!

"As the director of the Office on Women’s Health, Ms. Lee focused on the Affordable Care Act, women’s preventative services, and violence against women."

GG

4. Valentijn

Valentijn WE ARE KINA

I don't see the relevance. The problem is not that they do their job, the problem is that their job is purely in the social realm. They have zero skills or experience relevant to handling or researching a biomedical diseases.

Solstice, aaron_c and Snowdrop like this.
  5. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    It's a good opportunity to make a transition.

Also, we frequently seem to believe that if someone is put in a position of power, they are possessed of absolute power within the realm to which they are appointed... far from the case.

6. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Maybe to many Believe that, I have no notion that Huge bureaucracy are going to give us significant relief!

I have more hope from the Private sector. Lets remove the red tape and hurdles of Bureaucracy! They have held us back, and medicine in many other arenas for to long!

GG

Art Vandelay likes this.
  7. halcyon

halcyon Senior Member

Good riddance. Her behavior always rubbed me the wrong way and her heavy handed censoring of the committee's P2P comments was beyond the pale.

It seems like it shouldn't even matter what office provides the DFO. My understanding is that it's largely just an administrative position. The DFO and their office should be totally transparent to the recommendations that pass from the committee on to the assistant secretary of HHS. I don't even see another office under OASH that would be more appropriate. Perhaps we should have our own office as HIV/AIDS does.

*GG* likes this.
  8. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    That sure would be nice...

See more popular forum discussions.