1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Fable known as The PACE Trial
Graham, Janelle and Bob, have once again excelled themselves with their latest take on the 'poisoned apple' that was the PACE Trial...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nancy Klimas .. mast cell issues in her ME/CFS patients?

Discussion in 'Mast Cell Disorders/Mastocytosis' started by taniaaust1, Nov 9, 2012.

1. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Does anyone have any info on what Kina mentioned about Nancy Klimas, ME/CFS and mast cells?

Thanks
  2. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    Someone here who is seeing Klimas mentioned that she is using Gastrocrom, a mast cell stabilizer, in her treatment.

In addition, Cort has also written two articles mentioning mast cell treatment:

Fibromyalgia Trial Shows Promiseā€¦For Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? Mast Cells and Ketotifen in FM and ME/CFS

and

The NIH on ME/CFS in 2012: Pt II - The Studies
    This was a synopsis of Dr. Theo Theoharides (the Mast Cell Master) $700,000 grant from the NINDS to study "Brain Mast Cells and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome" (2010-2014). Dr. Theoharides has done previous work on CFS, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis, etc.
    taniaaust1 likes this.
  3. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Thanks camas.. I wonder how Id missed all that.
    camas likes this.
  4. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    You're welcome. There's a lot going on here, so it's easy to miss stuff!
  5. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    Also just happened upon this post showing that Klimas is apparently also recommending Dr. Theo's mast cell stabilizing product NeuroProtek to some of her patients.
  6. roxie60

roxie60 Senior Member

Central Illinois, USA
    This is what Nanonug has been suggesting.
  7. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Does anyone know what diet dr klimas recommends ? Is she ordering stool tests and/or blood work
    for food sensitivities ?

I've seen the low histamine diet
    recommended for people with mast cell problems. And this diet allows gluten and dairy. I can't see those of us with common
    food intolerances from leaky gut responding to the low histamine diet.

I'd need a lot more than gastrocom if I tried to eat these. I get antibodies from gluten and Paget's
    flare from the lactoferrin in dairy and shiners that last for 7 - 10 days post dairy.

Tc ... X
  8. madietodd

madietodd Senior Member

East Coast, USA
    I saw Dr. Rey in August, and she specifically said she doesn't find stool tests to be useful. She didn't bring up blood work for food sensitivities..........my personal opinion is that we're still in the infancy of that kind of testing.
  9. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    Lol. That's funny that she doesn't find stool tests useful. I'll stick with my integrative
    doctor. Tx .. X
  10. camas

camas Senior Member

Oregon
    I don't know about Dr. Klimas, but I read that there was nutritionist who spoke at the recent Mastocytosis Society conference and she said almost all of her masto patients improve when they go off dairy and gluten. I don't know if she had them on a low histamine diet too. It seems to get mixed results from what I've been reading.
    Questus and merylg like this.

See more popular forum discussions.