Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Naltrexone-caused Insomnia

Discussion in 'Sleep' started by debored13, Oct 18, 2017.

1. debored13

debored13 Senior Member

Vermont, school in Western MA
    Hi guys. 2 days after my last dose of LDN (it was starting to give me intense energy but at the cost of sleep, seemed like a lot of endorphin release, maybe from mu receptor upregulation), I am still having effects, like insomnia that I didn't really have before, and bursts of energy and what seems like some endorphin bursts, but complete with some muscle tension and severe insomnia. My main question is how is it possible that naltrexone could be doing this two days later, with a half life of 4 hours? It seems like either, ULDN can have some effects that are as strong as LDN, and my receptors are still getting tickled by tiny amounts of it, or it flicked some kind of "switch" that has permanent effects.

2. TrixieStix

TrixieStix Senior Member

I had a bad reaction to Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone just 12 hrs after my very first dose. Wokeup in middle of night with sensation of being electrically shocked down my back and into my arms and thighs . It was bizarre and painful. It took 24 hrs to feel back to "normal".

See more popular forum discussions.