The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

nails becoming stronger under suplementation

Discussion in 'Skeleton, Skin, Muscles, Hair, Teeth, and Nails' started by pattismith, Sep 3, 2017.

1. pattismith

pattismith Senior Member

I started supplementation in May and Benfotiamine in July, and tonight I observed my nails that were always fine and soft are getting stronger (I am 50, and always had to cut them short or they rip).

I wonder if it could be one other benefit I got from Benfotiamine, or if it's another supplement.

It's like if I got nails for the first time in my life, I can feel them when I scratch my skin...:woot:

boolybooly and rosie26 like this.
  2. NotThisGuy

NotThisGuy Senior Member

Germany
    Every anti-glycation supplement seems to increase utilization of Vitamin K.
    I think thats why your nails get stronger with B1.
    Experienced the same + stronger teeth.

pattismith likes this.
  3. Diwi9

Diwi9 Senior Member

USA
    My nails are significantly stronger since I began supplementing. I noticed they were weaker over the years since I became sick, but I was undiagnosed for seven of those years. Now people comment on my nails. At least it is one external sign that interventions are somehow helping.

pattismith likes this.
  4. boolybooly

boolybooly

UK
    My nails have been a problem since onset, corrugations and splitting and layering etc.

Ron Davies said that his study showed a biotin deficiency in his sons metabolic profile which would correspond with that. I have been trying biotin supps without much success. I will have to look this up later and see if there is a link with thiamine B1 / benfotiamine.

pattismith likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.