• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nagalase levels

Sushi-I would be interested in your answer to Tyson's question above. I've done many of the same tests (some pending) and am still looking for clues. Thanks.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like .3-.6 is what people are recommending you take your nagalase down to. But if the yamamoto paper showed a healthy control group average of .23 then wouldn't it suggest that the healthy ideal level is lower than the recommended .3-.6?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Sushi-I would be interested in your answer to Tyson's question above. I've done many of the same tests (some pending) and am still looking for clues. Thanks.

Sorry, I didn't see your reply. You need to either tag a person like this satori or quote them for them to get a alert that you have replied.

I don't think there is a specific test for LPS. My doctor did many, many tests and from putting them together could see that I had high LPS.

Best,
Sushi

Daffodil

i am so sick right now it is unreal. i cannot stand being in my body. the xifaxan hasnt come from india yet and i am afraid it might not come. the inflammation is through the roof...i mean...beyond horrendous.

sorry it helps to type this to you guys lol

Sushi

i am so sick right now it is unreal. i cannot stand being in my body. the xifaxan hasnt come from india yet and i am afraid it might not come. the inflammation is through the roof...i mean...beyond horrendous.

sorry it helps to type this to you guys lol

So sorry Daff,

You could try Antabloc? It helps some with inflammation...but of course not everyone.

Sushi

Daffodil

thanks sushi:) anatabloc should be here by thurs. i will give it to my mom too, who is in excrutiating nerve pain

lobba123

just want to update nagalase results:
nagalase tests:
april 2011 baseline 6.7
may 2011 started gcmaf
july 2011 3.3
oct 2011 2.1
july 2012 stopped gcmaf and nagalase tests until july 2013

restarted gcmaf july 2013
august 2 2013 1.31 (norm <0.6)

i will not stop this gcmaf course until nagalase gets to fully normal, there seams to be correlation between hbv surface antigen (reflects infected cells and gcmaf)
oct 2011 nagalase 2.1 hbsag 5236iu/ml
aug 2013 nagalase 1.3 hbsag 2916iu/ml

it will be possible to confirm this correlation if at nagalase less than 0.6 hbsag gets to 1000iu/ml which reflects immune control of hbv infection

ttt

I just got my Nagalase results back from Health Diagnostics -- 4.1!!! I'm pretty freaked out. Question -- if I choose a non-GcMAF course of treatment (I'm considering trying MMS to kill the virus(es)), if I lower my viral load, will my Nagalase levels go down, too?

lobba123

I just got my Nagalase results back from Health Diagnostics -- 4.1!!! I'm pretty freaked out. Question -- if I choose a non-GcMAF course of treatment (I'm considering trying MMS to kill the virus(es)), if I lower my viral load, will my Nagalase levels go down, too?

you can t kill them our body is made of bacteria and viruses genes in our dna, only about 7% is human in us, so it doesn t exsist you can kill them you have to kill yourself to do this......
being healthy is just having an immune system that works and balance our retroviruses and bacteria keeping them dormant, it doesn t exsist an alive being without viruses/bacteria in

so the only way out is work on your immune system but with such high nagalase gcmaf is the only thing

ttt

you can t kill them our body is made of bacteria and viruses genes in our dna, only about 7% is human in us, so it doesn t exsist you can kill them you have to kill yourself to do this......
being healthy is just having an immune system that works and balance our retroviruses and bacteria keeping them dormant, it doesn t exsist an alive being without viruses/bacteria in

so the only way out is work on your immune system but with such high nagalase gcmaf is the only thing

Thank you, lobba123. And hmmm ... this is a little (or a lot) disturbing. Do others agree? I have heard of people reducing their viral load -- isn't that basically the same as killing them?

Sushi

From my experience I would say you would need GcMAF. I don't think MMS would have the same effect at all--very different mechanisms. My nagalase has come down steadily on GcMAF.

Best,
Sushi

After almost 7 years of undiagnosed Lyme, my nagalase in Nov. 2013 was 1.08 (from Red Labs via DeMeirleir) . I started injecting GcMAF (100 nanogram/wk) in Feb. 2014, ran out of it, and took a break from July to December 2014. I have been injecting again for about 10 weeks. In January (one month ago after being back on for 6 weeks) I had my nagalase retested, by a doctor in Austin who doesn't know much about it, from Health Diagnostics and my nagalase is now 3.0! I haven't seen Demeirleir yet to follow up and share these results as he is not in the States until March. I've had no adverse IRIS reactions from taking GcMAF and have felt fine at this dosage. However, very different results from Red Labs and Health Diagnostics. I'm wondering why my Nagalase would suddenly INCREASE when I'm taking GcMAF. Are viruses suddenly acting up (see http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/10/dr-bradstreet-nagalase-and-the-viral-issue-in-autism.html) or maybe the labs don't give the same results? Any thoughts are appreciated!

I read there is another GcMAF thread, but don't have the energy now and this thread seemed relevant to this.

darroo

After almost 7 years of undiagnosed Lyme, my nagalase in Nov. 2013 was 1.08 (from Red Labs via DeMeirleir) . I started injecting GcMAF (100 nanogram/wk) in Feb. 2014, ran out of it, and took a break from July to December 2014. I have been injecting again for about 10 weeks. In January (one month ago after being back on for 6 weeks) I had my nagalase retested, by a doctor in Austin who doesn't know much about it, from Health Diagnostics and my nagalase is now 3.0! I haven't seen Demeirleir yet to follow up and share these results as he is not in the States until March. I've had no adverse IRIS reactions from taking GcMAF and have felt fine at this dosage. However, very different results from Red Labs and Health Diagnostics. I'm wondering why my Nagalase would suddenly INCREASE when I'm taking GcMAF. Are viruses suddenly acting up (see http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/10/dr-bradstreet-nagalase-and-the-viral-issue-in-autism.html) or maybe the labs don't give the same results? Any thoughts are appreciated!

I read there is another GcMAF thread, but don't have the energy now and this thread seemed relevant to this.

maybe their unit of measurement is different? did you check if their protocol in measuring nag the same

Sushi

maybe their unit of measurement is different? did you check if their protocol in measuring nag the same
There are also two types of nagalase (don't ask me what they are though!) I have just seen two types measured on my labs.

Sushi

I am very disappointed with REDlabs regarding the Nagalase test When I had my blood drawn for this test 8 months ago, they were still tuning the technique, and they told me that the results were going to take a while to be ready...

The other day I read the test results of another patient whose levels of Nagalase were high (although he still doesnt have the XMRV results back, yet), and I thought that mine should be ready as well.

They told me that they had changed the protocol, so my Nagalase levels could not be measured

It sounds like from what serg1942 said here that REDlabs has had different protocols for testing nagalase in the past, so maybe they have a different protocol from Health Diagnostics.

Sushi

It sounds like from what serg1942 said here that REDlabs has had different protocols for testing nagalase in the past, so maybe they have a different protocol from Health Diagnostics.
When Sergio posted this, no one had a reliable test for nagalase--that first test failed. I was tested at the same time that he was. Now, looking at my latest tests, they tested for 1) Apparent Nagalase Activity--Adult (range .5 - .95 nMol/ml/min) and 2) Effective Nagalase Activity--Adult (range .44 - 1.29 nMol/ml/min).

Sushi

Now, looking at my latest tests, they tested for 1) Apparent Nagalase Activity--Adult (range .5 - .95 nMol/ml/min) and 2) Effective Nagalase Activity--Adult (range .44 - 1.29 nMol/ml/min).

Thanks Sushi. Was that the test from Health Diagnostics?