• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nagalase levels

Lou

Hi Sushi, you mind sharing your nagalase results? Maybe you can simply tell us if there's been improvement.

Thanks,

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Sushi, you mind sharing your nagalase results? Maybe you can simply tell us if there's been improvement.

Thanks,

My pre-GcMAF test failed as the lab didn't yet have it perfected. I have a reasonable level now. I've answered specifically by chat.

Best,
Sushi

lobba123

got nagalase results, still at 2.1 at 28weeks but guess resonable since baseline was 6.7

oxidative stress tests got to well normal range now, guess liposomal vit c worked well for this

Sushi

got nagalase results, still at 2.1 at 28weeks but guess resonable since baseline was 6.7

oxidative stress tests got to well normal range now, guess liposomal vit c worked well for this

That is a great change in your nagalase--congratulations!

Sushi

Cheney says above 4 are the sickest, below 2 are the healthiest. However, that's using vitamin diagnostics, not redlabs.

Mine was 1.7 with diagnostic labs. wow, what defines sick? i have oober amounts of pain.

i had a friend say hers was not high enough (although it was elevated), to receive the Gcmaf. I never knew that was a
factor. Makes me wonder if 1.7 isnt elevated enough.

The turn around time for nagalase testing through Health Diagnostics is six weeks. My level was 1.9 (I've had CFIDS for 20 years). Are there any other longtimers out there who have taken GcMAF? If so, what were the results? Where and how did you obtain the GcMAF?

Sushi

The turn around time for nagalase testing through Health Diagnostics is six weeks. My level was 1.9 (I've had CFIDS for 20 years). Are there any other longtimers out there who have taken GcMAF? If so, what were the results? Where and how did you obtain the GcMAF?

Hi Ericaverr,

Some of us have recently given our experiences on the main GcMAF thread. We have been sick a long time.

Best,
Sushi

Xandoff

Michael
lerae

I too have oober amounts of pain. I just received my Nagalase levels today from Health Diagnostics/ Europees labortorium/Belgium. My Nagalase level was 1.90. I tested positive for XMRV in September 2010. I have been sick since 2002-2003. and I hope to start on GcMAF as soon as I can. I have learned a lot about coping with pain. I can tolerate this terrible illness but the combination of pain and mental and physical faitugue is the straw the breaks this camel's back.

Hunab Ku Mandala.jpg

Shoesies

I am new here but far from new from the demons of this curse. Very ill and found this site. SO thankful for all your observations and input. If I can actually get up and go, Thursday I will take all this info to my Naturopath and General Physician. I will be getting my blood tested for nagalase levels, but whatever the drs say, I will buy the GcMAF and begin. Last treatment I found and suggested my Dr said it would kill me as my body is not strong at all right now...but at this point it is try and fight to live or give up and let all systems fail. Really cannot find a good doctor I trust who has experience with this.

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
My Nagalase was 2.4. Three quarters of a year of GcMAF injections and it went down to 1.8. A little disappointed that it didn't go lower.

Sushi

My Nagalase was 2.4. Three quarters of a year of GcMAF injections and it went down to 1.8. A little disappointed that it didn't go lower.

Mine has gone down very slowly but continues to go down, so it may go lower if you continue.

Best,
Sushi

Shoesies

Yikes, what a tough situation you are in, Shoesies.
I hope the GcMAF will work well for you.
Will you report back to us?
Forebearance

Thank you so much Forebearance. Yes, I will update you all on my treatment decisions and results. This is a bad set back right now and about all I am able to do is be here on computer. Took my shower today as I cannot do that and get ready in same day as going anywhere. Tomorrow is Gen physician and naturopath visit. Also waiting any day on grandson to be born. I can fully expect that if I use the energy pills the dr gave me that i will get through it and crash when done. It has helped me so much to hear all your experiences and treatment modalities. I have a small ray of hope appearing. These general physicians now jack all about this. Frustrating, I am sick and doing teh research for them. I have 4 case studies and over 100 pages of info for them. They will probably think I am a nut. I just want to get better.

Forebearance

Well, you know, my general physician doesn't know anything about ME/CFS and I love her because she admits it. I do the research on things I want to try, print out a study for her, or an article written by a doctor, and she lets me try them. We are a good team.

I hope you have a doc you can develop a good working relationship with, Shoesies.

Fore

Shoesies

Forebearance, my Doc is a personal friend. I know he loves and cares for me..but there is only so much I can presume upon our friendship. I will be seeing him tomorrow or Monday with studies in hand about Nexavir and Nagalase levels. I am anxious but cautious about his response. It is time to take action against this beast that attacks my body. We also need reams of other testing. Thank you so much for the good wishes.

tyson oberle

Mine was 1.7 with diagnostic labs. wow, what defines sick? i have oober amounts of pain.

i had a friend say hers was not high enough (although it was elevated), to receive the Gcmaf. I never knew that was a
factor. Makes me wonder if 1.7 isnt elevated enough.

I just got my nagalase leves today and I don't take gcmaf. My level was 1.3. So what defines sick,? I don't know. Although I am not bedridden, what I do know is that I can barely function. I too have chronic pain and especially tons of fatigue. I am confused; I don't know if I should try gcmaf or the maf 314 or maf 878 or none of those.

Sushi

I just got my nagalase leves today and I don't take gcmaf. My level was 1.3. So what defines sick,? I don't know. Although I am not bedridden, what I do know is that I can barely function. I too have chronic pain and especially tons of fatigue. I am confused; I don't know if I should try gcmaf or the maf 314 or maf 878 or none of those.

You can be plenty sick but not have high nagalase levels as only certain pathogens give out nagalase, I believe. I also have a vague memory that there are some factors that can interfere with the testing of nagalase levels, but sorry I can't remember what!

While fairly high nagalase is an indication that GcMAF might help you, it is not the only factor. I had high LPS and that was also an indication that GcMAF would help...and it has.

Sushi

tyson oberle

You can be plenty sick but not have high nagalase levels as only certain pathogens give out nagalase, I believe. I also have a vague memory that there are some factors that can interfere with the testing of nagalase levels, but sorry I can't remember what!

While fairly high nagalase is an indication that GcMAF might help you, it is not the only factor. I had high LPS and that was also an indication that GcMAF would help...and it has.

Sushi

Hi Sushi
What test do you recommend for checking LPS? I have done the metametrix dna stool test, cdsa genova stool test, sibo test, leaky gut test, urine amino acids test and metabolic analysis profile test. Do any of those tests show an indication of high LPS?

Sushi

Hi Sushi
What test do you recommend for checking LPS? I have done the metametrix dna stool test, cdsa genova stool test, sibo test, leaky gut test, urine amino acids test and metabolic analysis profile test. Do any of those tests show an indication of high LPS?

It might be easier to discuss this back and forth in chat. I sent you an invitation.

Sushi