• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nagalase levels

Rrrr

Hi all,

I have what I think is amazing news. After 11 shots of (on average) 0.20 cc of GcMAF, my nagalase level has dropped in half.

Before GcMAF I was 1.90 (ref range 0.32-0.95) and now, 11 shots later, I am 0.80 (same ref range). I used Vitamin Diagnostics (Health Diagnostics) lab. They told me they send some of the test to Europe to do, but I'm not sure which part.

However, if you ask me how do I feel, physically? The answer is "Not much different."

Rrrr

That is interesting for sure! Good to hear that the Gcmaf has had a positive effect on your Nagalase levels. But sorry that you're not feeling better.

Have you had the chance to discuss this with KDM - would be interesting to hear his views on this and what treatment he would suggest from now on - I think I read somewhere that you got rather sick from the Gcmaf - could that be caused by inflammation which in turn prevents your body from improving?

S

Rrrr

if i understood kdm at my last appt, he was saying the nagalase levels are lower for the sicker patients. but i think he meant that nag levels are lower for the patients who have been sicker longer.

my starting nag (pre-gcmaf) was 1.90, which is lower than a lot of other people's. but i've been actively sick with me/cfs at least 21 years.

are there others on this list who have been sick a very long time and can report their levels? the levels seem higher for those who have been sick only 5 years or so.

but that is just a guess.

Nielk

I just got the results from redlabs for my Nagalese level:

Result 1.00 range (.32-.95)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I just got the results from redlabs for my Nagalese level:

Result 1.00 range (.32-.95)

That is interesting since you are so sick. It does seem that those sicker, longer, have lower levels before treatment. BTW, why did you get nagalase tested at Redlabs rather than at Health Diagnostics in NJ? I am about to get tested and am planning to try to get a kit from Health Diag. I think their turn around time is shorter too.

Best,
Sushi

Nielk

That is interesting since you are so sick. It does seem that those sicker, longer, have lower levels before treatment. BTW, why did you get nagalase tested at Redlabs rather than at Health Diagnostics in NJ? I am about to get tested and am planning to try to get a kit from Health Diag. I think their turn around time is shorter too.

Best,
Sushi

I did it through Dr. Enlander's office. I guess that's the lab they use.
I just got the result from his office staff. I didn't speak to Dr. Enlander yet as to what he thinks if this level is meaningful.

Sushi

Hi Nielk,

I think that explains why he uses Redlabs. NY docs can only use labs approved by the NY state board and Health Diagnostis (at least when they were called Vitamin Diagnostics) was not approved by NY state as it was considered experimental. It is tough for NY docs as their lab choices are more limited than in other states.

Sushi

3CFIDS@ourhouse

still me
Nagalase levels seem to fluctuate quite a bit. My first level was 3.0 just a few months ago, then recent testing showed a level of 1.9, with no realchange in my treatment to account for that. I think this testing is so new it may take some time to figure out what's what.

Sushi

Nagalase levels seem to fluctuate quite a bit. My first level was 3.0 just a few months ago, then recent testing showed a level of 1.9, with no realchange in my treatment to account for that. I think this testing is so new it may take some time to figure out what's what.

Hi,

Was it the same lab?

Sushi

Ronan

Thats interesting. I remember KDM saying that it is a very complicated test to perform. Mine was 3 which seems strange to me as i feel slighlty better than before the GcMAF

Nielk

I don't want to sound stupid but, can someone explain to me what does nagalese levels really mean? What is it a measure of?
If it's high, what does this mean to the patient besides the GcMAF issue?

Thank you,
Nielk

richvank

I don't want to sound stupid but, can someone explain to me what does nagalese levels really mean? What is it a measure of?
If it's high, what does this mean to the patient besides the GcMAF issue?

Thank you,
Nielk

Hi, NeilK.

Nagalase is an enzyme that has been found to be produced by some viruses (such as influenza) and retroviruses (such as HIV, and apparently XMRV as well) and by some types of cancer cells. They use this to inactivate the GC protein (also known as the vitamin D binding protein) so that it cannot be converted to MAF (the main macrophage activating factor). If the macrophages do not become activated, the immune system will not go after the pathogen or tumor. So a high nagalase level means that there is a virus or tumor present that it using it to foil the immune system. As it is lowered, it suggests that the virus-infected cells or tumor cells are being lowered in numbers.

Best regards,

Rich

Nielk

Hi, NeilK.

Nagalase is an enzyme that has been found to be produced by some viruses (such as influenza) and retroviruses (such as HIV, and apparently XMRV as well) and by some types of cancer cells. They use this to inactivate the GC protein (also known as the vitamin D binding protein) so that it cannot be converted to MAF (the main macrophage activating factor). If the macrophages do not become activated, the immune system will not go after the pathogen or tumor. So a high nagalase level means that there is a virus or tumor present that it using it to foil the immune system. As it is lowered, it suggests that the virus-infected cells or tumor cells are being lowered in numbers.

Best regards,

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thank you so much for your clear explanation. We are so lucky to have you on here as our expert on call!!

I really appreciate it.

All the best,
Nielk

perhaps you should try GcMAF from a different source and try to get out for twenty minutes in the midday sun or take vitamin D suppliments.

My nagalase activity wasn't tested prior to GcMaf treatment. After 24 shots nagalase was 1,4 (ref.range0,32-0,95). I'm sick for 10 years. 1,25Di-OH vit D is tested before GcMaf treatment and was 63,8 (ref.range 25,1 - 66,1< ), after 24 shots GcMaf 47,2. Vit D3 (25 OH-) was before GcMaf treatment 37,3 (ref.range 20,0 - 43,0 optimal > 30 ) and is after 24 shots 27,4. (but I used to take every day a multi-vitamin with vit D and I still do this).
I must say I'm feeling also a lot better these days! I'm very optmistic!

lobba123

just received redlabs results

nagalase 3.3 range 0.32-0.95 (nagalase baseline 6.7 europeanlaboratory.nl)

does anybody know the meaning of anox test, i take a lot of antioxidants to regress liver cirrhosis so i guess having higher than normal anox maybe good

anox total antiox capacity 0.83 range 0.33-0.65nM

lobba123

nagalase results are taking more than 1.5 month to arrive this time, is this normal?do you ususally send emails to europealaboratory.nl to have the results because they are slow sending results?

just received redlabs results

nagalase 3.3 range 0.32-0.95 (nagalase baseline 6.7 europeanlaboratory.nl)

does anybody know the meaning of anox test, i take a lot of antioxidants to regress liver cirrhosis so i guess having higher than normal anox maybe good

anox total antiox capacity 0.83 range 0.33-0.65nM

Sushi

nagalase results are taking more than 1.5 month to arrive this time, is this normal?do you ususally send emails to europealaboratory.nl to have the results because they are slow sending results?

I just got my nagalase results from the same laboratory in the States (it is called Health Diagnostics here). It took much longer that they said it would and when I called they said that had a much larger volume of tests to complete. I guess all of us taking GcMAF are getting tested. I think it took about 6 weeks for me to get my results.

I imagine that the European lab is having the same issue--many more tests than before.

Best, Sushi