• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nagalase levels

globalpilot

I havn't seen much discussion here about nagalase levels.

Mine was 2.1 (.32-.95) so high.

This paper on HIV shows levels ranging from 3.06-5.58 with a control of .23.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jmv.21376/pdf

This paper on prostate cancer shows values of 1.95-5.34 with control of .39 (actually the control value is measuring alpha-galoctosidase and not nagalase, not sure how they compare in terms of control values. Same for the HIV paper).

GP

Spring

I hope people will post their Nagalase level here. I'm curious what the levels are. Mine was tested before starting Gc Maf at Dr. De Meirleir's in May, but I will only know the result in August.
It would be very interesting to see if Gc Maf or other treatments lower the Nagalase level.

globalpilot: Where was your level tested and what treatment do you get?

globalpilot

Hello,
Mine was tested at Health Diagnostics in New Jersey. I just got the results yesterday so I don't know about treatment. I don't have a doctor now that can treat this. I may have to go to Florida to see Dr. Bradstreet - which I wanted to do anyway.

Global Pilot

Overstressed

Hi,

my Nagalase level was tested in november last year. By that time I was unfortunately already on Gc-Maf, and this for 27 weeks already. Nagalase was normal: 0.7

OS.

serg1942

I am very disappointed with REDlabs regarding the Nagalase test When I had my blood drawn for this test 8 months ago, they were still tuning the technique, and they told me that the results were going to take a while to be ready...

The other day I read the test results of another patient whose levels of Nagalase were high (although he still doesnt have the XMRV results back, yet), and I thought that mine should be ready as well.

They told me that they had changed the protocol, so my Nagalase levels could not be measured

In other words, I dont have a level of Nagalase from before starting GcMAF And this is a bummer, as I would really like to know whether GcMAF is working on paper

Well, what seems clear is that Nagalase is being found high in most PWCs who have been tested, and this is what it would be expectable from a retrovirus infection

Ill repeat the Nagalase test in 3 weeks and will let you know my results anyway

Sergio

Same here no Nagalase results before GcMaf. After 38 shots, and one month break I tested 1.8 for nagalase.

anniekim

Sorry to hear about this, Sergio. May I ask what levels are considered high? Thank you in advance

Amendment: sorry, just seen that Globalpilot has kindly referenced the levels in a post above :)

mojoey

Cheney says above 4 are the sickest, below 2 are the healthiest. However, that's using vitamin diagnostics, not redlabs.

My daughter`s Nagalase level before Gcmaf was 0,97. Reference range: 0,32 - 0,95, so just a little above maximum of reference range.

She will be tested again on 8th August.

Rrrr

my pre-gcmaf nagalase level, tested at Vitamin Diagnostics (now called Health Diagnostics), is

1.90 (ref range 0.32-0.95)

i have done 11 doses of gcmaf (most at 0.20 ml) and i'll now test again.

Rrrr

Anyone know how long we are supposed to be off these below listed meds and supplements before we do the blood draw for Nagalase?

- GcMAF
- Nexavir
- Artesunate

Rrrr

i got this just now from Vitamin Diagnostics (the US lab for European lab Overstressed talked about)

Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:55:25 -0400

Hi

I asked the lab technician and you do not need to be off any medications.
Just make sure to list them on the requisition form in the space provided.

Sincerely,

xxxx

Ronan

I didnt get tested before starting GcMAF but did a test recently and got a result of 3. That's after about 8 months of GcMAF. I have been told to take a break from GcMAF. He also said i have an inflammatory reaction to GcMAF and sCD14 still high whatever that means???? Also, my vit D3 has gone down from 21.9 to 17.5 and 1,25 Di-OH vit D has gone down from 55.2 to 31.4.

Looks like another treatment bites the dust!

aquariusgirl

That's disappointing. Do you feel worse than pre-GcMaf or is it too early to tell? Maybe you will return to baseline after some time off it.
Did KDM tell you where this leaves you?

Ronan

If anything i feel slightly better than before the GcMAF. I have a telephone consult with him on tuesday so will find out more hopefully

aquariusgirl

good luck, it wld be nice to know what makes one person a responder and another "treatment resistant"". GOod luck getting that out of him!
Glad to hear you are slightly improved. It would suck if you were worse off.