1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The ePatient Revolution
Ryan Prior shares his experience and his thoughts from attending the Stanford Medicine X Conference as he contemplates the rising of the ePatient Revolution ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Nagalase/GcMaf 101

Discussion in 'GcMAF' started by soulfeast, Oct 15, 2013.

1. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member

Virginia, US
    I am behind as usual. This topic was over my head and had not tested. Test just in for nagalase and mine is 1.70. I am shocked. I thought I had nailed my illness down to mold toxins and mast cell disorder-pots-eds since I have consistantly high levels of mycotoxins via Real Time Lab testing and sine mast cell interventions have improved my POTS and reactivity to mold. So I am trying to catch up with you all!

Can this be a fluke? A mistake? Could a cold have caused a 1.70 reading or would it take a more intense viral infection? We had something going around in my family maybe at that time (maybe not.. can't remember and didn't make a mental note of it)

Where does one go from here with a 1.70 reading? I have been sick since 2005 (start of my attacks which I thought were mast cell attcks). I progressed to worse after 6 months of lyme and babesia treatment. I had mold in my house at the time (around 2007-2009). CFS set in maybe around 2009. That's when the mitochondrial damage started being evident (respiratory one complex). I have not tested positive for viruses except for high titers for EBV IgG.

Thank you for any info..

2. Symptomatic

Symptomatic Senior Member

Well, you're right there with me. I tested at 1.80 this time last year. Started the Homeo KMAF, and down to 1.20 earlier this year.

Was going to get retested this week, but I have a cold. Doc suggested waiting for the retest until I've been feeling well for 10 days - not positive the cold will affect the test, but don't want to take the chance.

3. GcMAF Australia

GcMAF Australia Senior Member

I expect that a cold maybe shows that your nagalase is high 9although possibly also contributing to it)
    Some in the Lyme community find that they only get colds when the Lyme treatment is working
    ?
    dont know if this helps

4. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member

Virginia, US
    Symptomatic, where do you get homeo KMAF?

5. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    my nagalase was 2.5 earlier on this year - it was 2.1 - 9 months earlier so I' m going in the wrong direction too.

6. Symptomatic

www.biopure.eu/usa

The name of the product has been changed from Homeo-KMAF to Homeo-K.Guard. I usually buy 6 bottles at a time to make the most of the shipping charges.

http://www.biopure.eu/usa/products/homeo-k/homeo-kmaf-50ml.php

I finally got rid of my nagging cold and had my blood pulled for Nagalase testing last week, hope to have results by the end of the year or early 2014.

ukxmrv likes this.
  7. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member

Virginia, US
    Thank you! Please post your results. Are there instructions for taking this?

8. Symptomatic

The text on the bottle is in German. Best I can figure, it says to take 6 drops, 3X/day, not within 10 minutes of eating. I started out taking 5 drops, once a day. After a month, I increased to 5 drops, 2X/day. After another month, I moved up to 10 drops, 2X/day, where I've stayed. If my bloodwork shows that my nagalase is still going down, I'll stick with this dose.

9. soulfeast

soulfeast Senior Member

Virginia, US
    Thank you, Symptomatic. :)

See more popular forum discussions.