Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

NAC supplement smells funny...

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by PeterPositive, Nov 16, 2014.

1. PeterPositive

PeterPositive Senior Member

Hi there,
    a few days I got a refill of supplements which contained a bottle of Jarrow's NAC. I know it is expected to smell a bit yucky and when I opened it I wasn't disappointed... it really does smell funny. :wide-eyed:

[​IMG]

Glutathione capsules smell somewhat similar, but it's definitely less intense.

I was wondering if NAC is easy on the stomach... the smell is nauseating and it shuts my stomach down pretty quickly. I am not to sure if want to swallow this ... :lol:

I hope I won't be burping rotten eggs ... :nervous: Sorry, gross.

Cheers

2. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Hi Peter,

I agree to the bad smell, I canĀ“t even describe it in English...
    I think it is pretty hard to the stomach. As it works on the mucose membranes, beside as a precursor to glutathione, even the stomach get affected. I take it with the amino acid glutamine that lessens the irritation. Good luck!!

3. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

@PeterPositive - I've been taking 1200-1800mg of Jarrow's NAC Sustain daily for the past several years, and haven't had any stomach issues which might be related to it.

PeterPositive and Helen like this.
  4. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    I just cracked open new bottle of that and it reminds of the developing fluid photographers used to use.

I've also take the Sustain Valentijn mentioned and neither of them gave me any stomach issues.

5. PeterPositive

Thank you all. I will pinch my nose and try to swallow one of those ... :)

6. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

I actually like the smell a bit :oops:

7. PeterPositive

:eek:... :lol:

8. Adster

Adster Senior Member

Australia
    I put mine in a gelcap to stop the oesophageal irritation they otherwise cause.

See more popular forum discussions.