1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

N-Acetyl Cysteine?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Vanguard, Aug 26, 2011.

1. richvank

richvank Senior Member

Hi, all.

Note that the leading cause for liver transplants is overdose of acetaminophen (paracetamol, Tylenol). Some of these overdoses are unfortunately intentional. Also unfortunately, some are not. People who have low glutathione status (such as PWMEs) should probably be especially careful not to overdo taking this drug.

Best regards,

Rich

2. leokitten

leokitten Senior Member

Rockville, MD
    Here's a good recent review paper on NAC research, it's derivatives (such as NACA and NAC ethyl ester), and use in neurological disorders.

N-acetylcysteine (NAC) in neurological disorders: mechanisms of action and therapeutic opportunities

You aren't the only one who's unclear whether NAC cross the BBB, so is the research community as shown in this paper.

I also would like to try NACA and think it would make for a good study in ME/CFS.

See more popular forum discussions.