The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mycoplasma/TB Lung Problems have destroyed my brain and body

Discussion in 'Autonomic, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory' started by physicsstudent13, Feb 26, 2015.

1. physicsstudent13

physicsstudent13 Senior Member

US
    I came down with crippling terrible asthma and sleep apnea after working on faculty in Indonesia. A chest xray showed a calcified granuloma in my lung's lower right lobe. I can't exhale anymore and am brain damaged by the terrible hypoxia. I am unable to sleep, my doctor at Columbia diagnosed me with complex asthma. Inhaling is ok for some reason. I am trying to get a tracheostomy for the 2nd time.
    Could this be a possible mycoplasma/tuberculosis infection? Which antibiotics rifampicin or isoniazid could possibly help?

2. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Proper testing a careful medical history from qualified physician and accurate diagnosis are all crucial for treating whatever ails you properly.

Best wishes for the best medical care possible.

merylg, Valentijn, Mij and 2 others like this.
  3. physicsstudent13

US
    I have heard that serrapeptase and also natto/lumbrokinase is effective for COPD, but the Dr.'s Best brand didn't do anything. Is there a good brand for this? I also have varicose veins and leg pain so maybe this could help?
    I was on dulera, singulair, combivent but am running out and have tried spiriva prednisone, xopenex, allegra, levocetirizine, NAC. The inhalers helped a little with the chest tightness, but none of these meds helped the exhalation problem. I could have vocal chord dysfunction- what could cause VCD? According to wikipedia, heliox a mixture of oxygen/helium is a VCD treatment.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  4. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Hi @physicsstudent13 I am afraid none of us here has this kind of expertise over here, since this is not a common condition remotely associated with ME.

Your condition seems very serious to me, and obtaining such advice on the internet, and/or on patient forums might not be appropriate, because we do not have the expertise nor do we have all the details about your condition.

5. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

Surrey
    Hi @physicsstudent13
    I agree with Kati's posts. I'd give priority to proper testing to rule out all possible infections (bacterial, fungal etc) that may be linked to the condition you described and a second opinion if possible.

I'm not surprised. That particular brand of serra, natto and lumbro did nothing for me.
    What I found out with regard to Serrapeptase is that it only worked for me if it was cultured from Serratia marcescens (E-15). As for lumbrokinase the only brand that worked for me was Boluoke.

However, I seem to recall that Serrapeptase (and may be other enzymes) are contraindicated for certain respiratory conditions but I don't remember the details but perhaps something to watch out for.
    In any case I personally wouldn't try to self-treat myself until I got a clear medical evaluation of my condition.

6. physicsstudent13

US
  7. Sushi

Sushi Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I take Rifampin. It is generally a long term antibiotic for TB--unless it is to deal with a recent exposure as a preventative.

Sushi

8. physicsstudent13

US
    I'm going to try nitroxoline with rifampicin for TB and INH also but I heard it can cause liver damage so maybe I'll start with 10 days and see if it helps

Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
  9. physicsstudent13

US
    I'm going to take serrapeptase with the nitroxoline as a biofilm buster but is there anything else? is regular brand lumbrokinase really effective, it's really expensive for me?
    I've read that the course of isoniazid is 9months to a year for some reason, maybe you need to make sure you completely eradicate the infection instead of just selecting for virulent strains of TB infection

See more popular forum discussions.