• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mycoplasma/TB Lung Problems have destroyed my brain and body

physicsstudent13

I came down with crippling terrible asthma and sleep apnea after working on faculty in Indonesia. A chest xray showed a calcified granuloma in my lung's lower right lobe. I can't exhale anymore and am brain damaged by the terrible hypoxia. I am unable to sleep, my doctor at Columbia diagnosed me with complex asthma. Inhaling is ok for some reason. I am trying to get a tracheostomy for the 2nd time.
Could this be a possible mycoplasma/tuberculosis infection? Which antibiotics rifampicin or isoniazid could possibly help?

Kati

Patient in training
Proper testing a careful medical history from qualified physician and accurate diagnosis are all crucial for treating whatever ails you properly.

Best wishes for the best medical care possible.

physicsstudent13

I have heard that serrapeptase and also natto/lumbrokinase is effective for COPD, but the Dr.'s Best brand didn't do anything. Is there a good brand for this? I also have varicose veins and leg pain so maybe this could help?
I was on dulera, singulair, combivent but am running out and have tried spiriva prednisone, xopenex, allegra, levocetirizine, NAC. The inhalers helped a little with the chest tightness, but none of these meds helped the exhalation problem. I could have vocal chord dysfunction- what could cause VCD? According to wikipedia, heliox a mixture of oxygen/helium is a VCD treatment.

Last edited:

Kati

Patient in training
Hi @physicsstudent13 I am afraid none of us here has this kind of expertise over here, since this is not a common condition remotely associated with ME.

Your condition seems very serious to me, and obtaining such advice on the internet, and/or on patient forums might not be appropriate, because we do not have the expertise nor do we have all the details about your condition.

xrunner

Hi @physicsstudent13
I agree with Kati's posts. I'd give priority to proper testing to rule out all possible infections (bacterial, fungal etc) that may be linked to the condition you described and a second opinion if possible.

I have heard that serrapeptase and also natto/lumbrokinase is effective for COPD, but the Dr.'s Best brand didn't do anything.
I'm not surprised. That particular brand of serra, natto and lumbro did nothing for me.
What I found out with regard to Serrapeptase is that it only worked for me if it was cultured from Serratia marcescens (E-15). As for lumbrokinase the only brand that worked for me was Boluoke.

However, I seem to recall that Serrapeptase (and may be other enzymes) are contraindicated for certain respiratory conditions but I don't remember the details but perhaps something to watch out for.
In any case I personally wouldn't try to self-treat myself until I got a clear medical evaluation of my condition.

physicsstudent13

I'm going to try nitroxoline with rifampicin for TB and INH also but I heard it can cause liver damage so maybe I'll start with 10 days and see if it helps

Last edited:

physicsstudent13

I'm going to take serrapeptase with the nitroxoline as a biofilm buster but is there anything else? is regular brand lumbrokinase really effective, it's really expensive for me?
I've read that the course of isoniazid is 9months to a year for some reason, maybe you need to make sure you completely eradicate the infection instead of just selecting for virulent strains of TB infection