Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Mycoplasma PCR testing UK - where?

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Matthew Jones, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Matthew Jones

Matthew Jones Senior Member

Hi all,
    I've had CFS 3 years and improved dramatically after antiboitics for appendicitis 18 months ago, but relapsed 6 weeks later. Since then I have asked my GP to test for mycoplasma, he did the test and it came back negative, but I don't think he tested for all species of mycoplasma and I think it was done via the iga antibodies method and not the more sensitive PCR method. I'm trying to find a lab that will test for all the mycoplasma species with PCR testing.

Can anyone recommend a good lab in the UK for this?

I've just started a week long course of doxycyline for chronic sinusitus and already seem to be feeling better after only 24 hours so I'm afraid of coming off this corse in 6 days and want to get my blood taken and tested for mycoplasma asap to help guide further consumption of doxy in the near future!

Thanks

Matthew

Edit: I've found this place, has anyone used them?
    http://www.surrey-diagnostics.co.uk/mycopl.htm

See more popular forum discussions.