• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mycoplasma/milion dollar question!

Athene

ihateticks.me
That site looks full of interesting research to read. Thanks for the link, Hogwild. And Welcome to the Forum!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
welcome to the forum. Alot of people have used abx for mycoplasma with some help but doesnt seem to be a cure for most, i think the current thinking is that myco is a co-infection due to our dysfunctional immune system, possibly from another underlying infection like a retrovirus. The same thing seems to be true of the herpes viruses like ebv, cmv, hhv6. Treating all these can help improve your function but not many seem to get cured, but worth pursuing all the same.

cheers!!!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I hope to learn and contribute here, and meet a few friends too, of course.
I myself took Doxycycline for months and months with absolutely no diff. At that point, I maybe should have
kept going, but I gave up.

Good thing too, because I went to see Kenny DeMeirleir and he said it would have been
a waste of time in my case.

BTW, I seem to remember this site needing help from volunteers recently. Is help still needed?
I couldn't find anything on the site about it. Whom would I contact if I had skills to contribute?

Hogwild