• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mycoplasma an Underlying Issue? - I don't know what to think

Athene

ihateticks.me
Hi runner 64, welcome to PR!

I hope you get some clear answers from the blood tests. It's interesting that the antibiotic initially makes the test more likely to come up positive, you get that with borreliosis too. You'd be amazed how many of us have had wrong diagnoses and harmful medications shoved down our throats before getting to the right one.

As far as the implants go, Dr Myhill wrote about that being a problem in CFS patients. You'd have to rummage on her website as I don't know the site well and I read it ages ago:
http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/

Lala

Hello runner64 and welcome,

it is also wise to look into the matters of other pathogens and let yourself tested as much as possible on: lyme, chlamydia pneumoniae, bartonella, babesia, ehrlichia, anaplasma, rickettsia, viruses, parasites, perhaps yeast and mold, etc. Also heavy metals. It is good to take nutritional supplements during long antibiotic therapy to support your body in healing and combat side effects and toxins as well.
If you are very sick there is hardly just one pathogen to fight with...

^^ And all kinds of herpes viruses including HHVs.

runner64

Thanks for your post, please keep us updated on the results.
Do you have subfebrile body temperature, by the way?

Hi guys!! Thankyou for the warm welcome.

Athene, I appreciate that link. I found her CFS reference. She has a bit on implants. You've heard of that huh? Isn't that something. I just found all of this out. Ug. For some reason, that few doctors that are honest and reference problems with implants talk about only silicone like she did. But saline and silicone have many of the same issues. One being, the saline implant shell, is silicone. So there is the bacteria, fungus and mold from the implant device and metal toxicity. I didn't want silicone in my body. I wasn't told the shell was silicone and never asked. Very naive.
http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Toxic_causes_of_CFS_-_the_more_I_ask,_the_more_I_find!

It's here as well, a new abstract showing showing autoimmune similarities with Gulf War Syndrome (which Nicolson studies), references siliconosis and more. (So similar symptoms of CFS and joints etc.)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21776441

You hit home when you said "harmful" meds down our throats with wrongful diagnosis. Been there. I'm not the only one huh?

Hi Lala, on his site and through email with him I did learn it could be mycoplasmas AND co infections of other pathogens. Rarely is it just one he said as well like yourself. So I'm aware of it but thankyou for the heads up. He has a whole section on treatment and the vit and supps to incorporate which I did. This might interest you guys on CFS. There's more on arthritis, lupus, autism. All very interesting. Here's the one on CFS. Below that in the Pdf's is a research doc of lyme as you'd mentioned, together with mycoplasmas and co infections.
http://www.immed.org/illness/fatigue_illness_research.html

*So much research, yet we have to go online for "transparent informed consent" to see ALL the variables and factors of "causes" of these things.

Mrpanoff, yes in his info it talks about herpes viruses including HHVs but thankyou for that. It's nice to be where so many are well informed. I appreciate it. I had to look up subfebrile and yes, I HAD that for a long time. It's gone down since the explant. I had fever feeling and hot skin but NO high fever temp, just a tad above or normal register. Strange. There were times when I had bad bad night sweats that progressed to day and night sweats and hot skin. Not menopausal. I have many reynaud type symptoms for years in hands and feet, but since this it's more extreme. I'll keep you posted with the results.

Thanks again you guys.

Athene

ihateticks.me
Hi Runner 64,

If you have Reynauds symptoms, you should start researching bartonella, to see if that fits any of your other symptoms. I have imitation reynauds symptoms when my bartonella flares up. (Reynaud's was one of my many wrong diagnoses...)

Also, have you read the threads on PR about methylation? I bet a methylation protocol could help you detox that silicon junk out of you. The methylation experts here are users called Richvank (who is also a doctor) and Freddd. Definitely look up their methylation threads.

kday

I have nothing but respect for Professor Garth Nicolson. Unfortunately, he has been shunned in a lot of ways since he challenged the government's PTSD/psychological stance when it comes to Gulf War Syndrome. He is not selfish - in fact, he is more selfless, and just wants the truth. He takes the unpopular stance against certain vaccines since they can become easily contaminated with mycoplasma.

I don't think he has all the answers for everything by any means, but after several years of being sick, he honestly makes the most sense to me.

Hey Athene, mine imitates reynauds too. It's from all this stuff. I'll look at the info you supplied. It's double trouble with the silicone shell and saline inside. I do appreciate your knowledge and considerations with all of this. Very much. xo

Hey Kday, I agree. I read an abstract where he showed I think it was 6% or a bit more (?) are getting infected from mycoplasmas from vaccines. Mercola pasted that info on his site too. The govt doesn't like his challenges at all. Why would they since he's linked their pathogen experiments in bio warfare, with the germs accidentally getting leaked by them to the general population as causes to these diseases.

What a mess.

kday

I stumbled upon this great info about mycoplasma.

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/3/1/97-0103_article.htm

No other group of procaryotes has been so embroiled in controversy and in establishing a clear pathogenic niche as the mycoplasmas. Their virulence determinants are undeniably complex, and their unique biological properties likely challenge the host differently from typical bacterial pathogens (1,2). Also, numerous Mycoplasma species appear to comprise the commensal microbial flora of healthy persons (3), and the association of these mycoplasmas with disease complicates the diagnosis and necessitates extensive and highly specific serologic, nucleic acid, and epidemiologic data. Nonetheless, mycoplasmas by themselves can cause acute and chronic diseases at multiple sites with wide-ranging complications and have been implicated as cofactors in disease. Recently, mycoplasmas have been linked as a cofactor to AIDS pathogenesis and to malignant transformation, chromosomal aberrations, the Gulf War Syndrome, and other unexplained and complex illnesses, including chronic fatigue syndrome, Crohn's disease, and various arthritides (4-8). Even with mounting evidence of their pervasive and pathogenic potential, mycoplasmas still evoke the image of a group of obscure or impotent microorganisms. Yet they are evolutionarily advanced procaryotes (9-11), and their elite status as "next generation" bacterial pathogens necessitates new paradigms in fully understanding their disease potential.

Very short good explanation on that. It bothers me these things are not further researched which illustrate no want for causes and cures.There's so much information with value on causes for different things. I sent out my blood this morning so we shall see.

chilove

I found this interesting blurb when researching mycoplasma and CFS: "
TESTING BRUCELLOSES VIA MOSQUITO VECTOR IN PUNTA GORDA

A report from The New England Journal of Medicine, August 22, 1957, p.362 reveals that one of the first outbreaks of chronic fatigue syndrome was in Punta Gorda, Florida, back in 1957. It was a strange coincidence that a week before these people came down with chronic fatigue syndrome, there was a huge influx of mosquitoes. The National Institutes of Health claimed that the mosquitoes came from a forest fire 30 miles away. When the forest fire broke out, the mosquitoes all said, "Well, let's go over to Punta Gorda - there will be a bunch of people over there, we can have a picnic, and then we will go home". The truth is that those mosquitoes were infected in Canada by Dr. J.B. Reed at Queen's University. They were bred in Belleville, Ontario, and taken down and released in Punta Gorda. Within a week, the first five cases ever of chronic fatigue syndrome were reported to the local clinic in Punta Gorda, and it continued until finally 450 people were ill with the disease.

TESTING BRUCELLOSIS VIA MOSQUITO VECTOR IN ONTARIO The government of Canada established the Dominion Parasite Laboratory in Belleville, Ontario, and raised 100 million mosquitoes a month which were shipped to Queen's University and certain other facilities to be infected with this disease agent. The mosquitoes were then let loose in certain communities in the middle of the night so they could determine how many people would become ill with chronic fatigue syndrome, or fibromyalgia, which was the first disease to show. One of the communities they tested it on was the St. Lawrence Seaway valley all the way from Kingston to Cornwall in 1984. They let out absolutely hundreds of millions of infected mosquitoes. Over 700 people in the next four or five weeks developed myalgic encephalomyelitis, or chronic fatigue syndrome."

http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/content.asp?id=267

knackers323

I found this interesting blurb when researching mycoplasma and CFS: "
TESTING BRUCELLOSES VIA MOSQUITO VECTOR IN PUNTA GORDA

A report from The New England Journal of Medicine, August 22, 1957, p.362 reveals that one of the first outbreaks of chronic fatigue syndrome was in Punta Gorda, Florida, back in 1957. It was a strange coincidence that a week before these people came down with chronic fatigue syndrome, there was a huge influx of mosquitoes. The National Institutes of Health claimed that the mosquitoes came from a forest fire 30 miles away. When the forest fire broke out, the mosquitoes all said, "Well, let's go over to Punta Gorda - there will be a bunch of people over there, we can have a picnic, and then we will go home". The truth is that those mosquitoes were infected in Canada by Dr. J.B. Reed at Queen's University. They were bred in Belleville, Ontario, and taken down and released in Punta Gorda. Within a week, the first five cases ever of chronic fatigue syndrome were reported to the local clinic in Punta Gorda, and it continued until finally 450 people were ill with the disease.

TESTING BRUCELLOSIS VIA MOSQUITO VECTOR IN ONTARIO The government of Canada established the Dominion Parasite Laboratory in Belleville, Ontario, and raised 100 million mosquitoes a month which were shipped to Queen's University and certain other facilities to be infected with this disease agent. The mosquitoes were then let loose in certain communities in the middle of the night so they could determine how many people would become ill with chronic fatigue syndrome, or fibromyalgia, which was the first disease to show. One of the communities they tested it on was the St. Lawrence Seaway valley all the way from Kingston to Cornwall in 1984. They let out absolutely hundreds of millions of infected mosquitoes. Over 700 people in the next four or five weeks developed myalgic encephalomyelitis, or chronic fatigue syndrome."

http://www.regenerativenutrition.com/content.asp?id=267

hard to dertermin what is fact and what isn't but there is much more to be found on all of this. research Dr. Lo